Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

2 members and 3,410 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Still extremely light at three and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm by no means a morph guy, but the Tiger retic is probably my favorite pattern of all snakes.

I do hear and have read that mainland tiger retics get to be some of the largest out there. Just a thought if you want something manageable.

If you want some size but in a more manageable package, BCC or female BCI like Figment might be for you.

I have to keep this thread "Figment friendly" LOL! I don't want to change the whole topic.
    Definitely! Figment is truly a stunning Boa nonetheless. Hopefully, I can find one as pretty as she is
    Last edited by Gemmy; 09-14-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy View Post
    Your boa is absolutely gorgeous! Probably one of the best looking I've ever seen! Just a question, I'm not good with boa morphs but is this girl a certain morph or is she like a wild type? I've seen a few pictures of her full length and I love her color. If I don't get a retic this week, I'll probably pick up a boa at the next reptile show.
    Thanks for the compliments! Gio is right, Figment is just a light colored normal. She came from a reptile shop that bred their own boas and was sold as an "aberrant red tail boa" because she had been bred for a slightly abnormal pattern and lighter color. Unfortunately the place closed down right after I purchased her, so I never did get to see the parents like I had planned, or get any further information about them. But all of her siblings I have seen since still have the same light coloring that she has. I personally am a huge fan of normals for the same reasons as Gio. There is so much variety and I think boas have such a striking look to them. I'm not much of a morph person, myself, and plan on mostly getting different localities of BCC and BCI in the near future.

I can't say enough good things about boas. They generally have great personalities and stay a much more manageable size than the giants. They typically are docile, eat well, are willing to be handled, and are typically active and fun to watch at night. Boas are easily my favorite reptile.
    -Shann

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shann For This Useful Post:

AmandaJ (09-14-2014),Gemmy (09-14-2014),Gio (09-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shann View Post
    Thanks for the compliments! Gio is right, Figment is just a light colored normal. She came from a reptile shop that bred their own boas and was sold as an "aberrant red tail boa" because she had been bred for a slightly abnormal pattern and lighter color. Unfortunately the place closed down right after I purchased her, so I never did get to see the parents like I had planned, or get any further information about them. But all of her siblings I have seen since still have the same light coloring that she has. I personally am a huge fan of normals for the same reasons as Gio. There is so much variety and I think boas have such a striking look to them. I'm not much of a morph person, myself, and plan on mostly getting different localities of BCC and BCI in the near future.

I can't say enough good things about boas. They generally have great personalities and stay a much more manageable size than the giants. They typically are docile, eat well, are willing to be handled, and are typically active and fun to watch at night. Boas are easily my favorite reptile.
    Well said!

It's funny how I want what I don't have. I adore my snake, and that's not because he's mine but because I love his pattern and look. I was drawn to his line and really never wanted anything else other than an Iquitos, Peruvian BCC or a Brazilian BCC. But when it came to a BCI, the Rentfro line of Colombians was it.

HOWEVER,,,,, I see a nice light, cream boa with the inky blacks and I go nuts.

That's boas!!

Figment looks great! Love her.

Thanks

I know this is an old post but that snake is gorgeous and really makes me not able to wait until I get my first boa!

Sent from my Glade Airfreshener ® using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Here, Here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12