Hello,

I know the Rhac part of this forum is pretty slow, but I thought I would post this just to see if I can get a response anyway.

I plan on getting a crested gecko from my local reptile expo in August. I want a female so at some point I can breed her with my partners male, Archie. Anyway, I think it would be cool to get a pair of females, and let them live in the viv together! Now, here is my potential problem.

I am guessing that a 30cm x 30cm x 45cm viv is tall small for two adult females. However, the nest best size I can find over here in the UK is 45x45x60cm. This may be too big for me at this point in time.

I’ve heard that 20 gallons is the min for two, well the first viv comes out at 40,500cm^3, which is ~9 gallons. The second is 121,500cm3, which is 26.7 gallons.

What sort of size viv would you feel happy keeping them in? I personally would love two, but it looks like I will have to settle for a single female in the smaller vivarium. Not a big shame, as I can still get one which is amazing!

Thanks,
George