Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

1 members and 3,222 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say it at all because snakes will starve themselves. So I would never say it, regarding any content, and yes ROACH I did correct you because I've seen balls first hand starve themselves.

She used it in a different content though which is probably why nobody said anything.

If she would of said something like all snakes will eat if they're eventually or something similar to that then I'm sure others would of corrected her. It's just how she worded it that's all my friend.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

ROACH (09-30-2013)

Thanks

Re: Extremely malnourished ball

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I wouldn't say it at all because snakes will starve themselves. So I would never say it, regarding any content, and yes ROACH I did correct you because I've seen balls first hand starve themselves.

She used it in a different content though which is probably why nobody said anything.

If she would of said something like all snakes will eat if they're eventually or something similar to that then I'm sure others would of corrected her. It's just how she worded it that's all my friend.
    Im not like someone else, Im not going to argue with you here lol. I understand. Ive just never had a snake actually starve themselves to the point of death. Eventually they have eaten, for me that is. Im deffently not saying your wrong, just havent experienced it myself.
    ~~~~~ROACH ~~~~~
    1.0 Normal
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Banana
    0.1 100% Het Piebald
    1.1 Het Lavender Albino
    1.0 Lesser
    0.1 Killer Bee
    0.1 Spider
    1.1 Pastel
    0.1 Butter Bee
    1.1 Mojave
    1.0 Black Pastel 100% Het Piebald
    1.0 Fire
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Lesser Bee
    0.1 Super Pastel
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
    Im not like someone else, Im not going to argue with you here lol. I understand. Ive just never had a snake actually starve themselves to the point of death. Eventually they have eaten, for me that is. Im deffently not saying your wrong, just havent experienced it myself.
    Oh I know what you're saying. I'm not saying it's common they do it but it has happened before. But because it hasn't happened to you, you didn't think it does happen so you tell the OP who's new that it won't happen and it ends up happening then they blame you and it's because of something you haven't experienced. That's why I corrected you when you had said what you did in the other thread.

For instance I have a friend who had a snake that was born with only half of a lower jaw. The snake won't eat and it most likely won't. It'll end up starving itself to death and while probably no person has the answer why they do this, it happens. It's sad but it's the real truth. The snake would probably have to end up being assist fed for the rest of its life which would be extremely stressful.

Then on the other hand I have another friend who has a snake with no eyes and he eats very well, he's like 500 and something grams. Then I know another person who has a snake that only has one eye that is a very problem feeder. I can't tell you why BPs do what they do and chances are nobody will ever be able to give an accurate reason.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks
    Not to get off topic but I fully agree they will starve themselves... case in point my hatchling that didn't eat for 2 months, no matter what I tried, she took the live within a minute of it hitting her tank floor, and has ever since
    I was not willing to find out if she'd hold out longer than me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymonkee View Post
    Not to get off topic but I fully agree they will starve themselves... case in point my hatchling that didn't eat for 2 months, no matter what I tried, she took the live within a minute of it hitting her tank floor, and has ever since
    I was not willing to find out if she'd hold out longer than me.

I understand they will starve themselves. I think my whole point was that if you try ALL means of feeding, I believe they will eat eventually. Im defentlly not saying may not, I just believe they will. Now if you dont try everything and lets say only try F/T....yes they may starve themselves to death. In the case with your baby, if you only kept trying what you were, then maybe it wouldnt of turned out as good. You tried something different and the baby ate. Thats all I was trying to say.
    ~~~~~ROACH ~~~~~
    1.0 Normal
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Banana
    0.1 100% Het Piebald
    1.1 Het Lavender Albino
    1.0 Lesser
    0.1 Killer Bee
    0.1 Spider
    1.1 Pastel
    0.1 Butter Bee
    1.1 Mojave
    1.0 Black Pastel 100% Het Piebald
    1.0 Fire
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Lesser Bee
    0.1 Super Pastel
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
    I understand they will starve themselves. I think my whole point was that if you try ALL means of feeding, I believe they will eat eventually. Im defentlly not saying may not, I just believe they will. Now if you dont try everything and lets say only try F/T....yes they may starve themselves to death. In the case with your baby, if you only kept trying what you were, then maybe it wouldnt of turned out as good. You tried something different and the baby ate. Thats all I was trying to say.
    Now put that way ... yes. (Although some really stubborn ones may need assist fed). But just to say they will all eat eventually is very vague and misleading.

Last edited by Crazymonkee; 09-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymonkee For This Useful Post:

ROACH (09-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Folks, if you need to continue the discussion about whether BPs will starve themselves or not, please start a new thread. I know you didn't mean to hijack, but let's not forget why the OP posted in the first place.

BTW - Good luck and keep us posted!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annarose15 For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (09-30-2013),bcr229 (09-30-2013),Crazymonkee (09-30-2013),satomi325 (09-30-2013),TerrieL (09-30-2013),wienkeg (09-30-2013)

Registered User RoyalCityPythons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    This, nice and slow as Robin mentioned

I do not recommend this, if this animal is eating (and it has take it's first meal), this will only create unnecessary stress.

Again feeding smaller preys every 5 to 7 days until the animal gets back into a better shape is what is needed here and of course in the meantime, small living area, minimum handling, I would not even worry about the stuck shed at this point either not until you can get several meals in her.
    Deborah, I mentioned it as a last resort. Obviously, you would not force feed a sickly animal when it's eating on it's own. Only tube feed as that would be the last choice if it's not eating at all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RoyalCityPythons For This Useful Post:

Kodieh (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Oh my god that poor thing! I really hope she keeps her mice down and makes a strong recovery.

Thanks
    She ate today second time, pre-killed mouse. She atacked almost instantly, strangled and swallowed it. I guess she's not that bad feeder after all
    5.2 Python regius
    1.3 Corallus hortulanus
    0.1 Morelia viridis 'jayapura'
    1.0 Pantherophis guttatus

1.0 Chalcides ocellatus
    2.2 Epipedobates anthonyi 'Santa Isabel'

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jaded For This Useful Post:

Badgemash (10-02-2013),bcr229 (10-01-2013),Crazymonkee (10-01-2013),Holtgards (10-01-2013),Inarikins (10-01-2013),Kodieh (10-01-2013),Sammiebob (10-21-2014),satomi325 (10-01-2013)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast