Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,949

3 members and 2,946 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
    Thanks

Nessie Upgraded her Diggs

I have yet to get pictures, but I acquired a 100gallon aquarium off Craigslist for $50 (A steal in my opinion since it came with a 25ft long siphon and two good sized pieces of lava rock that my boyfriends Jack Dempsey's love) After extensive cleaning and some nice cuts from making a screen top I introduced Nessie (My Taiwanese Blue Beauty) to her new home yesterday morning. I planned on letting her settle for a few days before feeding BUT being the little piggy she is she kept hunting around her tank and staring me down like "If you don't feed me I will eat your soul."
    There are a few things that I want to improve, the first being her lighting. It's not as well lit as I would like. Second I want more branches for her to climb on, she seems to enjoy the vine I have hung and the broom stick I put in there. And third... She needs a new humid hide. The cool whip container I have used for so long now cannot keep its lid on when she is completely inside. But with how natural her tank looks now I would like to maybe make something that looks less like a random piece of garbage in there. Or look for a long, not so tall tupperwear container I can hide under her bedding and hide the entrance under one of the rock hides in there...

But it is bed time and I shall post pictures tomorrow! (I cannot guarantee Nessie's cooperation though!)
    0.1 Blue Beauty Snake

1.2 Normals
    0.1 Mystic
    0.1 Pastel Poss Het Ghost
    1.0 Banana Bumblebee

0.1 Common Snapping Turtle

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Nessie Upgraded her Diggs

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    I have yet to get pictures, but I acquired a 100gallon aquarium off Craigslist for $50 (A steal in my opinion since it came with a 25ft long siphon and two good sized pieces of lava rock that my boyfriends Jack Dempsey's love) After extensive cleaning and some nice cuts from making a screen top I introduced Nessie (My Taiwanese Blue Beauty) to her new home yesterday morning. I planned on letting her settle for a few days before feeding BUT being the little piggy she is she kept hunting around her tank and staring me down like "If you don't feed me I will eat your soul."
    There are a few things that I want to improve, the first being her lighting. It's not as well lit as I would like. Second I want more branches for her to climb on, she seems to enjoy the vine I have hung and the broom stick I put in there. And third... She needs a new humid hide. The cool whip container I have used for so long now cannot keep its lid on when she is completely inside. But with how natural her tank looks now I would like to maybe make something that looks less like a random piece of garbage in there. Or look for a long, not so tall tupperwear container I can hide under her bedding and hide the entrance under one of the rock hides in there...

But it is bed time and I shall post pictures tomorrow! (I cannot guarantee Nessie's cooperation though!)
    Nice pickup on a tank for that price. I personally wouldn't use that size tank because I keep my tank on a stand and it would be hard to reach inside of it. As long as she's enjoying it and you provide her with hides, she will make her own tunnels for other hides then you'll be fine. Also just keep an eye on your temps and humidity.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

Re: Nessie Upgraded her Diggs

Bringing this thread back instead of making a new one So I FINANLLY got around to taking some (really crappy) cell phone pictures of Nessie and her new set up. Sorry about the glare from the fish tanks behind her tank.

0.1 Blue Beauty Snake

1.2 Normals
    0.1 Mystic
    1.0 Banana Bumblebee

Thanks
    And I might as well try asking here. Has anyone here bred them? Would incubation be the same as other Taiwanese/Vietnamese beauty snakes?
    0.1 Blue Beauty Snake

1.2 Normals
    0.1 Mystic
    1.0 Banana Bumblebee