Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,303

3 members and 3,300 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

100% hets without markers

can we see pics of 100% hets (proven or papered, or even better, produced by you) that DO NOT have the markers associated with that morph's het? particularly looking for het pieds, although het clowns are welcome too. people always talk about how "most" het pieds or het clowns are pretty obvious with tail stripes, wonky pattern, etc. but i want to see examples where this isn't the case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hypersomniacjoo For This Useful Post:

The Serpent Merchant (08-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One think that I find interesting, is that I have a pair of het pieds that do NOT have the markers, but they often produce offspring that DO have the markers.

I don't have any current pictures. Sorry.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: 100% hets without markers

A good topic for a thread indeed

Looking forward to seeing where it leads.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

hypersomniacjoo (08-22-2013)

Thanks
    im guessing a bunch of pictures of normals, but i want to know how frequently 100% het (pieds and clowns) show up looking absolutely freakin' normal, no traintracks, no blushing and flames, etc.

Thanks
    nobody?

Thanks

Re: 100% hets without markers

I honestly don't know what other "markers" look like besides the Pied gene. I see people saying that het clowns have markers, but I don't even know where to look. I have Normal het Ghost girls that I bought who are much lighter than my regular normals. And a Normal het G-Stripe who is insanely bright compared to my other normal girls. I also have a Spider het Ghost girl who is a lot lighter than my other spider. So I'm thinking the het Ghost gene lightens them up a bit. But I'm no expert on genetic yet. I'll post some pics for you though.

I agree with the OP, if anyone has snakes with markers, I'd love to see them also.

Normal het Ghost, she came with paperwork though.

Spider het Ghost, no paperwork

The insanely bright Normal het G-stripe, bought her at a show with no paperwork

I also have a Mojave ph Ghost female, who is much lighter, so we're thinking she'll prove out. If she every gives it up...stingy girl
    Last edited by dart; 08-25-2013 at 04:33 AM.
    My Balls- Boys- Super Chocolate, Butter Enchi Ghost, Lemonblast, Mojave Sable ph hypo, Genetic Stripe, 2 66% Het Pieds, Bumblebee, Clown, Normal
    Girls- 18 Normals (Het Hypo, Albino, Genetic Stripe, Pied, Caramel), 2 Lemonblasts, Sable ph hypo, Sable ph VPI, Pastave, Mystic, Enchi, Vanilla, 2 Cinnys, Bumblebee, 2 YB, 2 Spiders (1 het hypo), Lesser het hypo, 2 Pastels, Mojave ph hypo, Super Pastel, Superfly, Pinstripe, Spotnose ph VPI, and Albino.

My Boas- 1. Hypo het albino (Pierre'), .3 Anery het Albino (Avery, Ariel, Punky Bruster), 1.1 DH Snow (Jazmine, Sebastian), .1 het Albino (Cookie) 1.1 Sunglows

My Carpets- 1.2 JCP, .1 Tiger

My Rosies- .1 Dome Rock (Ella, the one who started it all), .1 Albino Whitewater (Teeny), and 1. Otay Lake Unicolor (Cash)

Thanks
    Dang that het gstripe is pretty! Sometimes I see het gstripe spiders that have a pretty serious dorsal thing going on. I had two very normal looking het og babies for a while there, back when they were $250 for a pair of hets *facepalm* and sometimes het ghosts are sort of hypo in appearance but these sure werent.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

100% hets without markers

I've got a female het hypo that was the darkest hatchling in her clutch. She produces some really nice ghosts
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus