Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,249

3 members and 3,246 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Warren laporte is a scammer!

As I mentioned in my other thread, i had reason to believe he was a scammer. After I asked him to send more pics of the spinnerblast, he never replied and he removed the ad. WATCH OUT FOR WARREN LAPORTE!
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Mojave
    0.2 Normal

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Warren laporte is a scammer!

Well how do you know he's a scammer? What if he just sold the snake?
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 513 Posts

Re: Warren laporte is a scammer!

There are a lot of factors that could be involved here, I understand you are frustrated but calling out someone as a scammer without providing any proof is not fair to him or the ones reading this thread. IMO

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is that your proof, he never answered?

I do not know the guy and I can tell you that based on the pictures in his ad there is definitely a mistake, but he could have uploaded the wrong pic it happens when you upload multiple listing and multiple pictures.

Also if he had a spinner blast he did mention that it was sold
    The following was added on 07/08/13
    The spinner blast male/ first picture has been SOLD.
    Some people will not answer inquiry when animals have sold.

Anyway when you post something like this calling out someone it is a pretty SERIOUS accusation so hopefully you did not jump the gun, not saying you did but I wish you had a little more proof.

I have delt with my fair share of scammers and one thing that always stands out is the lack of consistency when it comes to their listing and more specifically pictures (which is not the case here)
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 07-24-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

WmHrbst (07-24-2013),wolfy-hound (07-28-2013)

Thanks

Re: Warren laporte is a scammer!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Is that your proof, he never answered?

I do not know the guy and I can tell you that based on the pictures in his ad there is definitely a mistake, but he could have uploaded the wrong pic it happens when you upload multiple listing and multiple pictures.

Also if he had a spinner blast he did mention that it was sold
    Some people will not answer inquiry when animals have sold.

Anyway when you post something like this calling out someone it is a pretty SERIOUS accusation so hopefully you did not jump the gun, not saying you did but I wish you had a little more proof.

I have delt with my fair share of scammers and one thing that always stands out is the lack of consistency when it comes to their listing and more specifically pictures (which is not the case here)
    There were 2 ads. Each had three snakes. The top snake on one ad was labeled as a male Spinner blast for $700. the picture was of a Lemonblast. then he added at the bottom that it was sold...

then I looked at another ad with 3 snakes for sale. top pic was actually a Spinnerblast male. listed at $380. Seeing this price, I emailed him asking him if the price for the spinnerblast was actually 380? he said yes plus $65 for shipping. So I asked for more pics. He hasnt answered me since and has recently removed the entire ad.

My questioning was why would the lemonblast sold as a spinnerblast be listed as sold for the price of 700, but on the other ad, he had a real spinnerblast for almost half the price? Either he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about or hes a scammer. Because when I emailed him to confirm the Spinnerblast was really $380, he replied "yes the price is $380 plus shipping wich is $65 overnight."

I do understand it may look like I am jumping the gun, but i have been scammed before on th internet so I am extremely cautious about it now.

I dont think any of yall got to see the ad that i was talking about because it was there this morning but by lunch time he deleted it. after i asked him at 11:47am to send me some more pics.
    Last edited by alexr; 07-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Mojave
    0.2 Normal