Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,439

3 members and 3,436 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

advice on slight burn on BP

My female Albino breeder suffered a thermal burn when my probe came loose. I was just curious what everyone thought, it seems relatively minor compared to some ive seen. Will it heal with some precaution, minor treatment and some tlc from me or is a vet visit crucial? Obviously thats probably best but I figured I would ask for some opinions before making an appointment and having to spend the money. Will this prevent her from producing for me this year? She ate no problem the next day and doesnt seem to be in too mu distress. I dont know ive never dealt with this bedore. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Except negative ones i know what im doing and this was a freak accident so if you have something smart to say take it over to the Bush League. Thanks guys
    Last edited by MaxT815; 07-16-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks
    Its not letting me post the pic ill have to do it on my computer when i get home. Its a light brown discoloroation umderneath her tail right behind the vent about 1 inch long, does not reach the tip of her tail though. Just a brown square discoloration in between vent and tip of tail.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not letting me post the pic ill have to do it on my computer when i get home. Its a light brown discoloroation umderneath her tail right behind the vent about 1 inch long, does not reach the tip of her tail though. Just a brown square discoloration in between vent and tip of tail.http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/maxt815/?action=view&current=Image2013-07-16_zps1ebba57d.jpg

Thanks
    Its not letting me post the pic ill have to do it on my computer when i get home. Its a light brown discoloroation umderneath her tail right behind the vent about 1 inch long, does not reach the tip of her tail though. Just a brown square discoloration in between vent and tip of tail.http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ebba57d.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Its not letting me post the pic ill have to do it on my computer when i get home. Its a light brown discoloroation umderneath her tail right behind the vent about 1 inch long, does not reach the tip of her tail though. Just a brown square discoloration in between vent and tip of tail.http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/maxt815/?action=view&current=Image2013-07-16_zps1ebba57d.jpg

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts

^ picture.

I just got in a little female who was burnt from mid stomach to the tip of her tail.

She's currently being soaked daily in a solution of water and Betadine. You should be able to find Betadine at the pharmacy. When you mix it, you want the water to look like a weak tea.

She's also getting silver sulfadiazine cream on her belly, but this cream is mostly prescription only.

Do NOT use any creams that contain pain killers. These creams will cause the scales to turn mushy.

After some soaks, and a few sheds, she should be looking better.

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts

Here is my female the day I got her:

When I took her to the vet, they told me to do the Betadine soaks and gave me a prescription for silver sulfadiazine. They also gave me oral medication for pain killers.

I'm thinking your girl can be treated at home. The silver sulfadiazine was prescribed to help prevent infection as hers is a fairly open wound.

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

Thanks

Re: advice on slight burn on BP

Oh man that looks rough. Its nice to see someone making an effort to save an injured snake so kudos to you!

And thanks for posting the picture i was trying to do so on ym phone but i was having a hard time, thats why it replied the same thing 4 times so my apologies. Ok thanks for the input. It doesnt see THAT bad again just speaking reletive to others ive seen, i.e. that girl you got there. OUCH. But never the less I am a conserned and have never dealt with a burn before. I was really hoping she'd produce for me this season too so im hoping this doesnt hinder that. Thank you for the advice. Im going to pick up some Betadine and give her a good soaking every day or two. I also heard Neosporin was some help with things any truth to that? Thanks again for the responses.

Thanks
    Sorry for grammatical errors too im trying to be fast so my boss doesnt catch me aha

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: advice on slight burn on BP

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post

^ picture.

I just got in a little female who was burnt from mid stomach to the tip of her tail.

She's currently being soaked daily in a solution of water and Betadine. You should be able to find Betadine at the pharmacy. When you mix it, you want the water to look like a weak tea.

She's also getting silver sulfadiazine cream on her belly, but this cream is mostly prescription only.

Do NOT use any creams that contain pain killers. These creams will cause the scales to turn mushy.

After some soaks, and a few sheds, she should be looking better.
    Is it the 1% stuff for the silver sulfadiazine?