Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,362

2 members and 3,360 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    KTyne ACAD is a great school they have a good media arts department and a past colleague Rita Mckeough is working there she is one amazing person and one of the finest professors I know of. If you are actually looking I would take a peek at them. Or NSCAD... We have a great photo program as well.

Thanks
    What schools are these and where? I'm trying to find a great school/program but am not having much luck so far!

0.2.0 Leopard Geckos- Gaia and Prim, 0.0.1 African Fat-tailed Gecko- Latte
    RIP Theia

Thanks
    ACAD- alberta college of art and design. They have a BFA with a media arts and digital tech major there is a photo area strictly digital. Rita is a mixed media person video and well everything really, a remarkable prof all in all.

NSCAD-Nova scotia college of art and design it is local to me there is a large photo department with a mix of digital and film photo processes. One of the few remaining wet and digital programs in the country. There is a BFA with a major in photography. the photo department is well respected. There are a number of great photo profs, Alvin Comiter, and Susan McEachern as notables. It is hard to find an art school in Canada that does not have a NSCAD grad on staff same for the US to some degree. I am biased it is where I attended.

There are a handful of others across the country also there are a lot of private and trade classes but if you want a degree and to stay in Canada you need to go to one of the art schools. the programs although not geared to professional (ryerson is more so however) grant the skills to make it in the professional world.

http://www.acad.ca/bachelor_of_fine_arts.html
    http://nscad.ca/en/home/default.aspx

Thanks

Re: Photography - Discussion

I love taking pictures, i've posted some of my stuff before on here, I mostly just photograph my snakes as I love photographing animals but I'm still newish to my area so I don't know where to go and look for wildlife.

I'm really just starting to realize i'm not as bad as I thought I was so i'm really looking into upgrade my very poor set up (Coffee table with a black cloth and some store bought lamps :|) as well as hopefully picking up a flash and an 18-55mm lens since I have a fixed 50mm, 55-300mm and a 105mm macro.

What i've currently posted :

Brazilian rainbows : http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ilian-Rainbows

Rest of my collection : http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...28Major-DUW%29
    1.0 Spider Ball "Caladran Brood"
    1.0 Pastel Ball "Pearl"
    1.0 Normal Het Leopard Boa "Anomander"
    1.0 Salmon Jungle DH Ghost Poss Super Salmon "Andarist"
    0.1 Crested Gecko, "Venesara"

Thanks

Those were some I did when we lived in Louisiana, with just a cheap Kodak camera. So...definitely not all that. But -I- like 'em, so that's what counts in the end I think. XD

And then those are some I took when we took the dogs out to the Utah Lake. I looooove taking pictures of the dogs and animals. A bit better camera, but still nothing special.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vesper For This Useful Post:

Vasiliki (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTyne View Post
    What schools are these and where? I'm trying to find a great school/program but am not having much luck so far!
    There's also OCAD U here in Toronto.

http://www.ocadu.ca/programs/art/phot.htm

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    ACAD- alberta college of art and design. They have a BFA with a media arts and digital tech major there is a photo area strictly digital. Rita is a mixed media person video and well everything really, a remarkable prof all in all.

NSCAD-Nova scotia college of art and design it is local to me there is a large photo department with a mix of digital and film photo processes. One of the few remaining wet and digital programs in the country. There is a BFA with a major in photography. the photo department is well respected. There are a number of great photo profs, Alvin Comiter, and Susan McEachern as notables. It is hard to find an art school in Canada that does not have a NSCAD grad on staff same for the US to some degree. I am biased it is where I attended.

There are a handful of others across the country also there are a lot of private and trade classes but if you want a degree and to stay in Canada you need to go to one of the art schools. the programs although not geared to professional (ryerson is more so however) grant the skills to make it in the professional world.

http://www.acad.ca/bachelor_of_fine_arts.html
    http://nscad.ca/en/home/default.aspx
    Thank-you very much for the info! I'll have to check out the Alberta College of Art and Design. Unfortunately I'm stuck in Edmonton for at least another 3 years so I can't be moving anywhere else for school. My hubby is in the Military and we are posted here for now.

RIP Theia

Thanks
    No problem, there are likely a number of 'community collages' that will teach photo, likely close to you. Trade classes usually sometimes more about photo lab management than photography. It is equally likely that you can find community classes in photography as a interest sake some invariably will be great some not so much. Usually relatively inexpensive (my lighting class con ed is a 1/4 of the accredited version) I would suggest that it would be worth looking into as they often are quite fun.

Thanks
    I found a program at NAIT, the trades College here, and it looks promising.

RIP Theia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12