Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 515

0 members and 515 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

Thread: first feed

Thanks
    hey, im new to this forum, as well as owning a BP. its my first snake, and allthough i only had him a few days now (3) im getting really attached. now for my question. hes really nippy. he strikes alot. i think i know why. i bought him from a pet store and they said they fed him that day(monday). i asked when i should try to feed it next and they said friday. would this be good to try? or should i wait longer? and if i should wait, how long? thanks for the help. if you want, you can IM me on my aol name donttalkjustlift or email me at donttalkjustlift@yahoo.com
    thx

(i really cant wait to see him eat. my science teacher has a 5ft boa and i seen it eat and it was awesome)

Thanks
    I wouldn't try until it has been a full week at the least - let him acclimate. He's probably still a bit suspicious of his new surroundings - give him time and it will pass. I am going through the same thing with my new Red Blood - ANYTHING coming into her area is seen as a trespass and potential threat and in that situation it's bite first and ask questions later.

Also just think of them as love pecks.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Congratulations on your new friend and welcome to the boards!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Rex give your new snake at least 7 days to get settled down and comfy living in a strange place (not that your house is strange but to the snake its new). Try and keep things quiet for now around him (no blaring stereos or TVs). Enjoy watching him for now when hes out but dont make sudden moves that would cause him to recoil (jerk his head back in fear). As he gets more comfortable and hungry youll notice him realy cruising the cage with a purpose, like he lost something :lol: Then it might be chow time. In the mean time make sure everything else is right to ensure hes as comfortable and happy as possible.