Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

2 members and 3,329 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: First year breeding. Few Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That looks like building. Ovulation tends to be pretty conspicious, if you catch her ovulating you'll know without a doubt. The triangle back thing, for my female at least, happened throughout the process. There's a pre-ov shed, almost always. The pre-lay shed is less dependable but from my experience, most females have a pre-lay shed.

If your girl fasts during the breeding season (which mine usually do) there probably wont be many sheds other than the pre-ovy and pre-lay sheds, since she wont be doing much growing and is dedicating all of her metabolic resources to making those eggs.

Good luck!
    I agree with you. I also think this V-shaped look could be in either before and after ovy. Thx dear

Thanks
    Well I checked on her before work and this is what I saw:

So as you can see by her paper towel mess she is just off the heat pad and I guess this is lying inverted? I feel like things are going along swimmingly. I picked up some vermiculite yesterday so bring it on girl!

Sent from my poo fone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: First year breeding. Few Questions.

Congrats and I hope your clutch goes well. I really like the pictures you've posted as this is exactly like my daughters situation. We are fairly confident she just ovulated on the 16th but it was not as dramatic as some we have seen in pictures on here. Hers is just under 2000 gr. The swelling was certainly in the right part of the snake's body and it was clearly exceeding the girth of the rest of the snake. In particular the first picture you posted is what I see as being exactly the same. When we looked at her from the side (profile), there was a definite swell of her back by at least 20% but only for about a foot of her length, and she was very firm in that area. It was kind of like how a real leather football feels being soft at the surface but without much give. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and looking for a shed in the next two weeks. I think if the shed comes on schedule, then we should hope to see something like you posted in the last two pictures. Again, best of luck this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12