How long should a buyer expect to wait to hear back from a breeder? I will admit some of this situation is my fault, mistype and the other just being plain naive and stupid. This is the situation:

Monday (4/31/12): I found a breeder of Orange Bellys that I have been looking for at a really nice price. I emailed the breeder:

"Hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you would be able to send me a few pictures of the Orange Belly Males if they are still available. They both have very nice blushing on them I just can't decided between the two. Also I didn't any weights or if they were eating frozen/thawed, that information would be great too"

This is the reply I received:

"Both are still available. My website marks everything sold automatically, so it's always current. The pictures on my website are the only pictures of them I have."

Tuesday (5/1/12) I looked up his reviews saw nothing but great things. I purchase a male Pastel off his website (On accident) using PayPal.

Wednesday (5/2/12) I still hadn't received anything from him with shipping information or even a receipt acknowledging I made the purchase. I went back and realized I made a mistake and purchased the Pastel which was under the Orange Belly I had intended to purchase. I quickly emailed him explaining my mistake (both snakes were the same price) and that I hadn't heard anything from him.

Friday (5/4/12) He finally responds explaining how I mistyped my email address while purchasing the snake which is why I hadn't received anything. That I could switch the snakes out and just to repurchase without paying through his site with the correct information and he would "send the confirmation email personally." and which the payment information around. So this is what I did first thing that morning. I emailed him back telling him that I had done as he said I should and in the notes of the purchase I wrote briefly the situation so he would realize it when he saw it.

Monday (5/07/12) I receive an email early in the morning saying he was up late on Sunday getting orders ready for Monday. He asked if I wanted to buy the Pastel as well for a super nice price because he was trying to make room on his racks for hatching season and he was already sending me a package so thought he would offer me a deal. I emailed him back saying that I would be interested and sent the money through PayPal again.

Tuesday (5/08/12) I wake up and still no confirmation on either snake. There is no receipt for either of them other than my PayPal confirmation.

Considering most people, all the dealers I have ordered snaked from previously, only ship Monday - Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday at the very latest. Considering it's now Tuesday at 1:30 pm I am thinking I am not going to be receiving my package this week.

My question is for all of you who are in this business or often order your snakes through the mail from a breeder, am I being unreasonable? What is the appropriate length of time I should give this guy before I just ask for my money back? I am trying to leave my mornings open during the beginning of the week so I will be home for them, however keeping my mornings free Monday-Wednesday for three weeks has become increasingly difficult. On Tuesday (5/01/12) I ordered two pythons from another breeder and received them the next day without any issues. The time before that I ordered two pythons from another breeder and had them within the week.

I am horribly frustrated and becoming increasingly annoyed with the situation. While the total for everything is less than $200, and I understand that is chump change to a major breeder, however I really am only interested in breeding for the fun of making the combo I want to own, not just purchasing them outright. However if I did decide to make a big purchase I would happily do so from those I have had a great purchasing experience with.

Anyway sorry to be so wordy. Just at what point do I tell him just to forget it and refund my money, or should I go through PayPal to do it? Maybe I am being dramatic and my expectations are unreasonable. Anyway just want to know what other people think. Thanks