Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,377

0 members and 3,377 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: NERD Genetic Certification?

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Hey Robin, I never said that I could run around picking het clowns out of a random group of snakes. I'm not sure how you or Justin pulled that out of what I said. What I did say is the hets I have seen have a look to them. I'm definitely not going to run out and buy a snakes because it it looks like it could be "het" something and I don't recommend anybody doing that. Just for fun though I would say 4,6 and possibly 5. If I'm wrong...Let the roasting begin and I'm sure the group will run with it....Typical BP.net stuff if you are not in line with the consensus.
    Because you said quite definitively that THESE two random snakes definitely were het clown.

I know you never recieved paperwork, but, those snakes are definitely het Clown. I'm 99.9% sure and would almost be willing to offer you the money back if they don't prove out(even though I didn't sell them to you). Good luck on your paper hunt though.
    That's the reason that many of us took umbrage to your post.

From my point of view, it's a typical member response to attempt to insult the forum and its members with a "that's typical of BP.net" comment when they're back pedaling.

For the record, you correctly picked 2 out of the 3 het clowns that are pictured in that group.

I may not respond again until tomorrow night, because I am moving today, and waiting for the movers to arrive, and will not have internet access again until then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Slim (05-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Because you said quite definitively that THESE two random snakes definitely were het clown.

That's the reason that many of us took umbrage to your post.

From my point of view, it's a typical member response to attempt to insult the forum and its members with a "that's typical of BP.net" comment when they're back pedaling.

For the record, you correctly picked 2 out of the 3 het clowns that are pictured in that group.

I may not respond again until tomorrow night, because I am moving today, and waiting for the movers to arrive, and will not have internet access again until then.
    I have seen people get slammed on this forum for stating their point of view on little things. My comment has nothing to do with back pedaling. I was stating what happens on here all the time. I have made similar comments to that in other threads that I was not the one being attacked in. It kinda reminds me of gang mentality.

Back to the subject...The two snakes the OP posted were just that, 2 snakes that were sold as het clowns. I did not pick those two snakes out of a random group of animals. To me, they sure look like the hets I have seen. I picked 2 out of 3 het clowns for a random group of animals....Not bad if you ask me. Does that back me in the fact that they do have a general look to them? You even included picks of some of your dinkers. Maybe my eye just picks out the subtle differences better than others. I'm not sure, I just know het clowns have a look to them.

I bet the third animal was either number 1 or one of the ones rolled over in the picks
    Mike

Thanks
    BTW, I'll highjack for moment here. Happy birthday Robin and congrats on your move.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I dont think any roasting should begin. Mike just put his money where his mouth was and proved he DOES in fact have an eye for hets. 2/3 of those 7 snakes is good enough for me. They all looked the same to me. The only one that looked slightly different was #6 but i wouldnt be able to confidentally say thats a het. Since the post was up for about 8 hours before Robin revealed the answers and no one else took a shot at guessing i think its safe to say that all 7 snakes looked the same to everyone else like they did to me. As i said before, when i get into breeding recessives and have any poss hets, you will be getting PM'd with pics and questions Mike lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-09-2012),twistedtails (05-09-2012)

Thanks

Alright Justin. Post some pictures of the most normal looking het clowns you have hatched I would like to see how "normal" they look. Can you find any pictures of the hets you have produced that don't have a blushed out head or a head spot? Or one that doesn't have high whites around the alien heads? Not calling you out either, I just want to see some of these animals that you say look normal. I'm curious if my eye is drawn to different things.
    Here's a whole clutch...

http://www.jkobylkareptiles.com/incu...hp?y=2010&c=36

Even if 90% of Het Clowns have blushed heads and high white sides (which they dont) and 10% of normals have the same traits, the normals with the traits would still outnumber the Het Clowns more than 100:1.

Remember that Clowns are one of the most rare recessives in the wild (according to how many have been collected)
    J. Kobylka Reptiles Website
    Check out the 2013 JKR incubator!

Warning:
    Snakes have been shown to cause death in laboratory rats.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jkobylka For This Useful Post:

Slim (05-09-2012)

Thanks
    I know you never recieved paperwork, but, those snakes are definitely het Clown. I'm 99.9% sure and would almost be willing to offer you the money back if they don't prove out(even though I didn't sell them to you). Good luck on your paper hunt though.
    It was that statement that prompted me to post.

If you had said "some het Clowns have a "look" to them and those do, so maybe there is hope" I would have cheered you on.

Warning:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jkobylka For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (05-09-2012)

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post

As for posting a BOI I asked for help I have no idea how to how to go about that. So unless someone wants to help me there won't be one.

Here is the link to fauna's BOI forum. You'll have to join if you haven't already. Be sure to read all the rules before posting about these guys and have all your ducks n a row. Also, inform the seller about the thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

It might be a good idea to write a new thread on here with all the info clearly laid out and the sellers names in the thread title for quick reference. This was a VERY long read .

Sorry this happened and hope you get it resolved either way.
    ~Jessica~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jsmorphs2 For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka View Post
    Here's a whole clutch...

http://www.jkobylkareptiles.com/incu...hp?y=2010&c=36

Even if 90% of Het Clowns have blushed heads and high white sides (which they dont) and 10% of normals have the same traits, the normals with the traits would still outnumber the Het Clowns more than 100:1.

Remember that Clowns are one of the most rare recessives in the wild (according to how many have been collected)
    Justin, those are double het albino genetic stripes.
    Mike

Thanks

Justin, those are double het albino genetic stripes.
    Are you saying that Het Albino changes the looks too?

Warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka View Post
    Are you saying that Het Albino changes the looks too?
    We were talking about het Clowns here.
    Mike

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twistedtails For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (05-09-2012)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast