Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,130

0 members and 3,130 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Crap!! Even shipping IN state will end up crossing state lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by zach_24_90 View Post
    While yes there is a good chance you will be successful but there is also that slight chance they will catch you. For me $300 for a snake isn't worth a huge fine or if it's large scale possibly jail time. But to each his own. People are gonna do what they Are gonna do
    I agree it isn't worth it.

I wonder if his customers know they will also be guilty of a felony and charged with such if the shipper does get caught?

I'm guessing his sales might drop off once that $100 snake costs a couple of his customers $20,000 each and a criminal record.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

rabernet (03-27-2012),Slim (03-27-2012),snakesRkewl (03-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Many Jews in Poland said the same thing when the Jews in Germany were rounded up...They were just as myopic then as you are now. This is not just an issue of banning reptiles or certain species of reptiles. It's about taking away your rights. The easiest rights to take away are the ones you don't want. Just because you don't want them, doesn't mean they're any less important.
    LMAO ! yes, this is exactly the same thing. I can certainly see how you can make this parallel. The government adding these snakes onto an act that is already in place could be the downfall of everything. I see that now thanks to you. Of course you are forgetting that there are hundreds if not thousands of new laws passed every couple of years that restrict someone's sense of freedom. I guess those wont lead to a Holocaust but this certainly will....

Quick question though, what exactly did you do to show your disapproval of this ? Of your rights being stripped away ? Did you come and rant on a forum ? Did you send an email ? Two emails ? You certainly showed them.

Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    if you ship a snake with in state, it goes to memphis on fedex yes. but it is not considered leaving the state until it goes out of airport in hands and on to the streets. It has never left your state is the way they are seeing it.
    Thank you crepers for adding that. Seems some people want to think the absolute worst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    If I am not mistaken the Dept of Fish and Wildlife has a report floating around saying ball pythons can be invasive as far north as the great plains buy digging burrows to overwinter. With people like that in positions of power little things like 'fact' doesn't bother them much.

but kyle7676's comments worry me much more.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Dragons View Post
    I'm not sure why you expend the effort to create scenarios that don't exist since you could apparently care less about this topic. You seem so sure about who commits a crime and who doesn't. There's no reason the government wouldn't or couldn't charge the shipper and transporter in your above scenario. They can do what they please and the careers of prosecutors advance based on the number of successful prosecutions.

I suppose if you nicely explained to the judge and prosecutor that the law doesn't apply to you, just to the physical transporter, they would realize their error and quietly drop the case .

You have no knowledge of how often Fed Ex alerts the gov't to illegally shipped wine or how often they are fined if caught by gov't inspectors for facilitating a crime but you speak with sure knowledge about their business as if you were a Fed Ex executive.

To answer your other question, it is illegal to use more than 10k in cash, in any transaction without documentation. The Bank Secrecy Act require banks to report anyone depositing 10k in cash or in smaller amounts to the government for investigation and prosecution. Other anti money laundering acts provide the same rules for any other transaction, such as using cash to buy a house or car... or high-end ball pythons. If you can prove you paid tax on the money, you will probably get off with a misdemeanor.

There were several people on the news who were charged with this last month for depositing more than 10k in cash with taxes paid (but no documentation). These cases were used as an example of how intent no longer matters when committing a crime.

Whether you want to accept it or not, you have done nothing illegal shipping a snake intrastate and fedex taking it outside the state line.

I used the story I made up as an example of how ridiculous your thinking was.

As far as the 10k, think what you want. Im not going to keep trying to explain to you how you are wrong. Obviously its pointless.
    0.1 Pastel BP ( Guinevere )
    0.1 Bumblebee BP ( Isolde )

Thanks
    I do have the answer on whether an in-state package goes through a national hub (Indy or Memphis for FedEx) when shipping in-state. The answer is...

Sometimes.

From a major city (Denver metro) shipping to another Colorado town, it stays in state. From a smaller city (Grand Junction, Colorado Springs) it usually goes to Memphis.

Typically. There are other variables in play that can affect routing. What you DON'T have is absolute certainty that ANY particular package will stay in state during transport. Denver to Denver (Dallas to Dallas, Miami to Miami, Peoria to Peoria) SHOULD stay in state, but may not.

Sorry that I cannot bring ideal news : )

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

C&H Exotic Morphs (03-27-2012),Maixx (03-27-2012),RobNJ (03-28-2012),Slim (03-27-2012),snakesRkewl (03-29-2012),thedarkwolf25 (03-30-2012),zeion97 (03-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle7676 View Post
    LMAO ! yes, this is exactly the same thing. I can certainly see how you can make this parallel. The government adding these snakes onto an act that is already in place could be the downfall of everything.
    You really have a problem with taking everything to the absolute, end of the flat earth, can't see the sun from here, the sky is falling, extreme, don't you? If you can't see the symbolism, I refuse to waste my time trying to explain it to you. (oh I'm gonna' hear about that in an endless series of stalker-style PM's, huh?)

Quick question though, what exactly did you do to show your disapproval of this ? Of your rights being stripped away ? Did you come and rant on a forum ? Did you send an email ? Two emails ? You certainly showed them.
    I regularly correspond with the offices of the state senators and congressmen from two states (both my home state where I own property, and my current state of residence) on this issue. And, not only this issue. I let my feelings be known anytime I’m made aware of a bill that threatens to take away any individual right….especially the ones that don’t affect me. It’s far too easy to only fight for the things that affect your own comfort, safety, or security.

I would ask you the same question, but I think I already know the answer.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

C&H Exotic Morphs (03-27-2012),Genetics Breeder (03-29-2012),Mft62485 (03-27-2012),rabernet (03-27-2012),snakesRkewl (03-29-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    You really have a problem with taking everything to the absolute, end of the flat earth, can't see the sun from here, the sky is falling, extreme, don't you? If you can't see the symbolism, I refuse to waste my time trying to explain it to you. (oh I'm gonna' hear about that in an endless series of stalker-style PM's, huh?)

I regularly correspond with the offices of the state senators and congressmen from two states (both my home state where I own property, and my current state of residence) on this issue. And, not only this issue. I let my feelings be known anytime I’m made aware of a bill that threatens to take away any individual right….especially the ones that don’t affect me. It’s far too easy to only fight for the things that affect your own comfort, safety, or security.

I would ask you the same question, but I think I already know the answer.
    LOL - you are leaving out the part where you sent me just as many PMs if not more.

Lets not forget, YOU are the one who just compared to the adding of 4 snakes over a period of 6 years to the Lacey Act to the Holocaust. Yes, im the one who likes to take things to the extreme.

Wow... you correspond with the offices of state senators and congressman. I hope to god you arent naive enough to believe that it goes any further than the " office " personnel. I will even be generous and say that maybe once or twice you have even gotten a response from the senator or congressman. You dont believe they wrote the response do you ? I guess you are excited about seeing the Easter bunny soon huh ...

Hey, on a serious note. If sending these emails makes you feel like you are actually doing something, then good for you. Keep doing it. I know that sounds like it is dripping with sarcasm but it isnt. It takes all types to make this country work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    I do have the answer on whether an in-state package goes through a national hub (Indy or Memphis for FedEx) when shipping in-state. The answer is...

Sometimes.

From a major city (Denver metro) shipping to another Colorado town, it stays in state. From a smaller city (Grand Junction, Colorado Springs) it usually goes to Memphis.

Typically. There are other variables in play that can affect routing. What you DON'T have is absolute certainty that ANY particular package will stay in state during transport. Denver to Denver (Dallas to Dallas, Miami to Miami, Peoria to Peoria) SHOULD stay in state, but may not.

Not great news, but not really unexpected. But I guess the REAL question, is who would be at fault of breaking the law? The person sending the package, or the shipping company?
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not great news, but not really unexpected. But I guess the REAL question, is who would be at fault of breaking the law? The person sending the package, or the shipping company?
    My money is on this :

Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    if you ship a snake with in state, it goes to memphis on fedex yes. but it is not considered leaving the state until it goes out of airport in hands and on to the streets. It has never left your state is the way they are seeing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post

Sometimes.

Thank you for taking the time to try and sort this out for us.
    -Karl

0.1 Wild type Bp (Eve)
    1.0 Pastel Bp (Aeries)
    0.1 Russian Ratsnake (Vasilisa)
    0.0.1 Bairds Ratsnake (Romeo)

http://www.iherp.com/maixx

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

LOL - you are leaving out the part where you sent me just as many PMs if not more. You are leaving out the part about who started it Oh yeah, don't think I don't know about some of the other members you've been pulling that little cyber stalking stunt on...it's a small Forum, Kyle.

Lets not forget, YOU are the one who just compared to the adding of 4 snakes over a period of 6 years to the Lacey Act to the Holocaust. Yes, im the one who likes to take things to the extreme. That's not the comparison I made, that was the conclusion you drew. I was speaking in a larger sense of watching others lose their rights and thinking you are insulated from the same treatment due to the X factor of your choosing. You have a real talent for focusing on exactly what isn’t the point. It’s like some kind of savant gift you have.

Wow... you correspond with the offices of state senators and congressman. I hope to god you arent naive enough to believe that it goes any further than the " office " personnel. I will even be generous and say that maybe once or twice you have even gotten a response from the senator or congressman. You dont believe they wrote the response do you ? I guess you are excited about seeing the Easter bunny soon huh ... Must be tough to go through life with that bitter taste in your mouth. I would say I'm sorry you feel so disenfranchised, but frankly, I don't care enough about how you feel to care enough about how you feel...

Hey, on a serious note. If sending these emails makes you feel like you are actually doing something, then good for you. Keep doing it. I know that sounds like it is dripping with sarcasm but it isnt. It takes all types to make this country work. And once again, I ask, what are you contributing to the cause?
    Oh Kyle, I do wish you would chime in on more threads...you have all the answers!!!!

And, please cure cancer in your spare time next week. All us peons would be ever so grateful!
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    I find this interpretation to be unlikely, unfortunately.

Why?

Because the snakes can only be exported from States that have flights to other countries which are direct. Connecting flights aren't allowed.

If connecting flights aren't allowed, because they would transport the snake into another State, then your snake also can't go to Memphis on its way from one city to another in Montana.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WingedWolfPsion For This Useful Post:

AGoldReptiles (03-29-2012)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast