Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,803

1 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran EverEvolvingExotics's Avatar
    Thanks

Who keeps fatties?

I've been consumed with fat tails lately. They seem to be an amazing investment gecko with tons of current and future potential. So far I'm leaning towards the hypos, whiteouts, and caramels. I really like the amels (albinos), but I've heard they have been proved out to be fatal when bred with anything besides granites which I'm not too interested in.

If you keep them post some pictures here. I'd love to see what the Pangea folk are keeping and breeding these days.
    Specializing in Ball Pythons, New Caledonian Geckos, and African Fat Tails

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EverEvolvingExotics For This Useful Post:

geckobabies (04-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I have 1.3 aft geckos. I have a male and female albino(male with a stripe), and a female het albino(supposedly), and a striped 'normal' female.

I did breed and got some pretty babies, before I got the albinos, but I lost all my young ones with overheating. I really haven't concentrated on them like I should, and for some reason my males don't ever want to eat good, no matter what's offered.

I'm considering getting out of them, just because I don't focus enough attention on them, but the AFT geckos are very awesome and there's a lot going on right now in the morphs, as opposed to many species that are more established.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

EverEvolvingExotics (02-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I just have one and I love her. I've been thinking about picking up a whiteout male or something, I need to decide what I want to do with my leopard gecko collection before I invest in another gecko project though.

Here is Coco. She fires up when she is stressed out and gets really dark. These are from the day I got her (she was pretty stressed):

And then some not so great pictures from when I put her in my light tent. You can really see the contrast in these pictures.

Rebecca
    facebook ~ google+
    www.rawreptiles.com ~ RAW Reptiles on Facebook
    Snakes
    Ball Pythons ~ Hypo Jungle Boas ~ Bredlis ~ Carpet Pythons
    Lizards
    Crested Geckos ~ Chahouas ~ Bearded Dragon
    Furry Friends
    1.0 Black Lab (Orion)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kinra For This Useful Post:

EverEvolvingExotics (02-18-2012)

Thanks

Re: Who keeps fatties?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I have 1.3 aft geckos. I have a male and female albino(male with a stripe), and a female het albino(supposedly), and a striped 'normal' female.

I did breed and got some pretty babies, before I got the albinos, but I lost all my young ones with overheating. I really haven't concentrated on them like I should, and for some reason my males don't ever want to eat good, no matter what's offered.

I'm considering getting out of them, just because I don't focus enough attention on them, but the AFT geckos are very awesome and there's a lot going on right now in the morphs, as opposed to many species that are more established.
    I really like what's happening with the new morphs and that they are currently not saturated. It's probably a good idea to sell them off if you have lost interest. I appreciate your response and help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinra View Post
    I just have one and I love her. I've been thinking about picking up a whiteout male or something, I need to decide what I want to do with my leopard gecko collection before I invest in another gecko project though.

Here is Coco. She fires up when she is stressed out and gets really dark. These are from the day I got her (she was pretty stressed):

And then some not so great pictures from when I put her in my light tent. You can really see the contrast in these pictures.

You have a lot of reptiles on your hands already, I think you should decide what to do with the leos before jumping into another project as well. It's nice that you have both species. This was you can truly know what you want to work with.

Thanks for the pictures, it's amazing how dark she gets but has such nice light banding in the other photos. Whiteouts are very popular right now, I believe it's the only black and white-ish morph that is dominant (I believe the super form proved to be lethal). Lots of possibilities with them. I think because of the popularity and it be dominant the price will rapidly decrease.

I'd like to start off with a pair of caramels to produce some more caramel females, then get a male whiteout 100% caramel. That combo is beautiful.

Thanks
    I know there are more than 2 AFT owners on this forum...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    We keep them as well. Very underrated species.

Thanks

Re: Who keeps fatties?

Quote Originally Posted by meeistom View Post
    We keep them as well. Very underrated species.
    What morphs are you working with?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Normal, striped, albino, carmel, whiteout, zulu, and some special projects i'm working on that we imported from Africa.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to meeistom For This Useful Post:

EverEvolvingExotics (02-28-2012)

Thanks
    It sounds like you have a lot of great projects. You'll have to keep me in mind when you get some stuff to start hatching out this year.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    We hatched out 14 so far this year with more on the way. Our goal is 300-400 for the year. Shoot me an email tomb9712 (at) hotmail.com and let me know what your looking for.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meeistom For This Useful Post:

EverEvolvingExotics (02-29-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast