Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,387

1 members and 3,386 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I ship and/or buy from sellers are use FedEx certified only

3 9.09%
  • I ship and/or buy from both FedEx certified sellers and sellers who use SYR

32 96.97%
  • I ship and/or buy from sellers who use SYR only

1 3.03%
  • I would not buy from someone who uses SYR

0 0%
  • I would not buy from someone who is independantly certified by FedEx

0 0%
  • Other (please comment)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    It's not difficult to find experienced shippers. If people want to shop around for the best possible deals from random shady people, then they take certain risks with the level of customer service and quality of animal. You get what you pay for.
    Rocky Mountain Balls
    Website
    Facebook

Thanks

Re: Shipyourreptiles.com, FEDEX Cert and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.B View Post
    Also my problem with SYR isn't SYR themselves. I find that it may give the seller a false sense of security it iliminates their use of common sense. for example if u get a kit with just a 40 hour heat pack but its 0(Celsius) degrees outside they may ship with that and not even think about extra heating.

all in all SYR is a great idea, the problem is all the bozos who just dont rly care about you getting a live animal after they got their money.
    I have some insight into the inner workings, live arrival success, and any DOAs that happen with ShipYourReptiles. Our users have a TREMENDOUS amount of success. I find them to be passionate keepers who care about their animals and healthy safe arrival. Rare DOA issues are due to carrier delays, mechanical issues, missed flights, not unhealthy animals sent by Scammy McGhee.

I believe SYR provides new and/or infrequent shippers a BETTER chance of success through education, packaging and support. And that is the whole goal.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (03-09-2012),Annarose15 (02-16-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (02-21-2012),Zombie (02-16-2012)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    It doesn't matter if they use SYR or their own cert account. It's all in the packing. A good, reputable seller will ensure you that they pack the snakes well and correctly and use the proper heat packs.

As for refusing to buy online.. There are select breeders who refuse to ever step foot into any show, expo, or even most pet stores for that matter. Simply because of the increased risk of bringing home things like mites or sickness to their own high dollar collection.. Food for thought...

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (03-07-2012),angllady2 (03-09-2012),RichsBallPythons (03-07-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (02-21-2012),Wh00h0069 (02-21-2012)

BPnet Veteran HighVoltageRoyals's Avatar
    Thanks
    I understand that it's up to the seller to pack the box correctly but what I think happens for the few that will only do business with FedEx certified is that to get FedEx certified, one must pass regulations and a "test box" to get certified. I know this doesn't really mean much because they can try really hard that one time [to get certified] and then turn around and not package the rest of their shipments appropriately but I understand where people that only use FedEx are coming from.

I personally like SYR for the many reasons listed throughout this thread but I was just shedding some light on why people may prefer FedEx over SYR.
    7.6 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Argentine B&W Tegu

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." -Picasso

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

all in all SYR is a great idea, the problem is all the bozos who just dont rly care about you getting a live animal after they got their money.
    A bozo will remain a bozo whether he uses SYR or his own fedex account read what I posted above this was with Fedex.

It all comes down to the person shipping and you can't teach common sense sadly.

Also 74 degrees in the shipping box is nothing to be worried about, the main issue with shipping is overheating, the animal being cool is not an issue.
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts
    The only DOA I received was sent by someone who told me they were using Fed Ex, then shipped the animals via UPS in a box marked only with 'perishable', and piled animals in on top of one another.
    What the shipper says they are sending and what you receive won't always be the same thing, and that is why you should check references on everyone you buy from. Rarely, that won't be enough.
    Buying in person doesn't save you, however--you don't know whether the snake you buy was exposed to illness, etc. There are always risks involved in buying animals.

Whether a person uses SYR or a separate Fed Ex account is pretty much irrelevant in the face of that.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Also my problem with SYR isn't SYR themselves. I find that it may give the seller a false sense of security it iliminates their use of common sense. for example if u get a kit with just a 40 hour heat pack but its 0(Celsius) degrees outside they may ship with that and not even think about extra heating.

SYR has several warnings and precautions about how and when to properly ship an animal, posted all over the website. A person who does so improperly using SYR will also do so if they are certified. Just because a person gets certified in the summer doesn't mean they will use the proper procedures in the middle of winter.

An idiot will be an idiot regardless of which course or path they use to be an idiot. The buyer needs to make the extra effort to ensure they are getting an animal from a reputable and knowledgeable seller that they can trust. Whether the seller is certified or uses SYR makes no difference and provides no reassurances. At least with SYR there is a guarantee. If something goes wrong with a certified shipper who uses improper procedures, you are stuck negotiating with that same person.
    Last edited by Anatopism; 03-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anatopism View Post
    SYR has several warnings and precautions about how and when to properly ship an animal, posted all over the website. A person who does so improperly using SYR will also do so if they are certified. Just because a person gets certified in the summer doesn't mean they will use the proper procedures in the middle of winter.

An idiot will be an idiot regardless of which course or path they use to be an idiot. The buyer needs to make the extra effort to ensure they are getting an animal from a reputable and knowledgeable seller that they can trust. Whether the seller is certified or uses SYR makes no difference and provides no reassurances. At least with SYR there is a guarantee. If something goes wrong with a certified shipper who uses improper procedures, you are stuck negotiating with that same person.
    True. So much of it is personal responsibility and integrity. We work hard to give folks the information and support they need to be successful, but individuals also have to CARE to be successful : )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (03-09-2012)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123