Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: DIY Maybe. (New building)

Looking good

Square footage?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Re: DIY Maybe. (New building)

Quote Originally Posted by takagari View Post
    Looking good

Square footage?
    2000 square feet.

Latest update below.

Okay, so sorry for my delay, but I can't seem to get unbusy around here. The first five shots were actually taken August 26th. The last one was taken this morning. Hopefully we will be texturing and painting in the next 7-10 days. Then when we get back from Tinley, we will start putting down floors in the office and bathroom. I promise I will do a better job of updating this as we move forward. At least now, there will actually be something exciting to take pics of. I finally feel like some real progress is getting made. The plan for now is to start moving snakes into the main room by mid-January. But there will be many updates before we get to that point. On to the pics:

This first pic is the last of the exterior walls being installed. This will get torn down after the inspectors leave, and replaced with sheetrock. The left door is the incubator and the right door is access to the office.

This is a pic of the plumbing on top of the office space. The top has been fully decked now. In the background, you can just make out the coax for the internet, cable and phone feeds.

While I was up on top of the office, I thought I would get a shot looking down at what will eventually be the main Ball Python room.

This is a pic of the outside mini-split unit, with the line-hide installed on the wall. I will be running more copper line sets and communication wire today (hopefully).

This is the line sets, wire and the drain for the office A/C unit. (Actually the drain wasn't installed yet, but it is now).

This was the most exciting pic for me. This was after day one of floating sheetrock. It's actually starting to look like a room now. Plus I can't wait to texture, paint and hang the real lighting.

Thanks for looking, and as I said more updates coming next weekend.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

Argentra (09-30-2012),Valentine Pirate (09-30-2012)

Thanks
    Now THAT is a DIY project! Awesome! Can't wait to see it all come together, thanks Tim!
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks
    All I can say is wow am I envious! I have been struggling on how to convince the wife that I could have a reptile room and then I see this! I see I have set my sites to low lol. Very nice and I look forward to seeing the finished product
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

Thanks
    More pics! Wow I really want a building. Post frame, would you do it again?

Thanks
    That is a serious DIY LOL! This looks amazing. Can't wait to see the finished result!
    Jim

2.2 Ball Pythons
    Female Pastel (Gella), Female Butter (Khaleesi), Male Spider (Igor), Male Pastel Butter (Tig)

Reptiles
    1.0 Bearded Dragon (RIP Freddie)

Thanks
    Looks awesome! That's gotta be a fun project for sure are you doing the building yourself?
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Any updates? Finished?

Ryan Hatmaker - Hatmaker Reptiles-

Colubrids and Sand Boas

"Once you get your first snake, you've sold your soul to reptiles. You can try to leave or run away... but they will find you."

Thanks
    *bump*

Yeah what happened? Is it finished?
    Chloe
    0.1 Het Hypo- Indy
    The cup is useful because of it's emptiness

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts
    It has been a while since I updated, but taking pics has been on the back burner, as whenever I get a spare moment, I am working on trying to get this beast more finished (at least where I can start moving in). With that said, I have taken a bunch of pics of work, much of which got done over the holidays. My final electrical inspection is tomorrow, and hopefully the final building inspection will be on Friday. Then I can get to work on building the main snake room. The plan is to have that finished by the end of February and start moving snakes in by March. Still much work to do, but it is getting there. On to the pics.

First up is a shot looking in the Exterior door going into the office.

This is the door that goes into what will be the main room from the office. This is the only door that has the fancy trim on it so far, but the rest of the doors should get a facelift this weekend, as well as base boards. The base boards are painted, I just have to start cutting.

This is a shot looking back at the exterior door in the office. That is the mini split that controls the office and bath room. Then my window over where my desk will eventually go. The desk will hopefully start getting built in about 4 weeks. It will be a custom built desk, as I couldn't find anything nice that would fit in my space.

This is a shot of the bathroom 95% done. I still have to caulk the shower and put in the base boards, and it should be complete.

This is a shot of the hot water heater, garage door, and the door that leads into the office hallway. That wall is going to remain OSB, as this will be a storage area once the building is complete.

This is a shot from the middle of what will be the main snake room looking at the office area. The door on the right is the office door, and the one on the left is the Incubator. That is one of the 2 mini split A/Cs that will run the main snake room. On the left is one of the double sinks that will be in that room. The OSB on this wall will get replaced with sheetrock once the final inspection is done, hence the sheetrock behind the A/C. I didn't want to have to break the copper line sets once we started hanging sheetrock, so we will just float around the piece already there. Also, I hope to start painting the floor of this room this weekend.

The last pic is the A/C on the back wall. You can see the condenser drain line in this shot, as the wall isn't covered yet. Also running behind there is the vent line and drain for the sink that will be on the back wall.

That was a lot of pics, but I hope you enjoy them. Hopefully by the end of January I can have some pics of the painted floor and the remainder of the framing done. Maybe there will already be some insulation and electrical in there as well.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if anyone has any questions.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

Argentra (01-03-2013),DNACurtusK (01-06-2013),snakesRkewl (01-03-2013)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast