Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,746

2 members and 2,744 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts

Re: recieved the wrong snake, need advice

Quote Originally Posted by cmack91 View Post
    and since i did send it, should i reply again with this:
    sorry, i came off a little strong in that last one. my point is, you sent me a snake that was different than the one pictured. i can understand using generic pictures for one type of snake. but you had two seperate listings for mojaves, each with a different picture, and no disclaimer to say that the picture wasnt the actual snake. i paid for the one i wanted, and recieved one that i didnt want. i havent put any bad words around, and i dont plan to if things are fixed. i can understand an honest mistake.
    Nice man! I would. It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment but it is honestly a mistake at this point. No need to escalate that until the problem doesn't get resolved. Mistakes happen. We're all human. I hope it gets resolved for you.

Regards,

B
    Last edited by Simple Man; 01-27-2012 at 04:08 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

cmack91 (01-27-2012),dr del (01-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Nice man! I would. It's easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment but it is honestly a mistake at this point. No need to escalate that until the problem doesn't get resolved. Mistakes happen. We're all human. I hope it gets resolved for you.

Regards,

B
    thats exactly what happened, i was all emotional and whatnot..

so you think its all worded right and all? im not very good with the whole being formal and polite thing lol

i sent it, i think it'll be fine
    Last edited by cmack91; 01-27-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    After reading through this whole thread Im glad to see you wrote him a 2nd email because the first one seemed way too intense. Let us know how it all turns out though, it was probably just an honest mistake...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I don't think you need to threaten Michael. See what he does first before you throw that last line in. You're coming across super defensively. The way you approach people can many times lead to the outcome. The first part obviously shows a different snake. Send that and see what he replies with. Give him a chance before you start threatening BOI threads and such. Just my $.02...

Regards,

B
    I was going to say this as well. The OP made him out to be a crook before the seller even had a chance to rectify the situation. Just calm down and let him make the situation right. If he refuses to do so, then the gloves come off!
    -Jordan

Balls
    0.1 Pinstripe.............................1.0 DH Lavender Snow
    0.2 PH Lavender Albino.............0.1 Bumblebee
    0.1 Pastel PH Ghost..................1.0 Pastel Het Ghost
    0.2 PH Ghost (Twins)................1.0 Cinnamon
    0.1 Het TSK Axanthic................1.3 Mojave
    0.1 Het Albino..........................1.0 Albino PH Pied
    1.1 Het Pied.............................1.0 Dinker
    1.2 Normal...............................1.0 Pastel Lesser

Boa
    0.1 Super Salmon Het Sunglow

Check us out at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dem...13090085417762

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemmBalls For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (01-27-2012),minguss (01-27-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drama x View Post
    Yeah its deffinantly the sellers fault, and if hes on kingsnake they dont mess around. You can send an email to kingsnake and they will help out as well.

I had a dude try to make me put a down payment on a snake BEFORE he sent me the pictures....i took my business elsewhere, and sadly he was supposed to be a good breeder.

What is the name of this company if you dont mind me asking?

Edit: Nevermind i saw the link to kingsnake lol im blind
    At least he was gonna send you pictures! I had a guy who told me he didnt have time to send a bunch of pictures and if I didn't want the snake, then, so be it. To th OP, He might just be using that pic as a type of model. I would confront him if you feel you really want that snake. Did you ask him if the snake you were buying was the one pictured?
    Mike

Thanks

i guess that is a declaration of war lol

thats exactly how im looking at it, if he takes care of it, i will spread that word around, and never say anything bad about him in the future. i was just wondering if this was the right way to go about it
    I wouldn't threaten or rather even mention writing a bad guy boi unless he doesn't even try to resolve the issue. You don't want to appear as one of the many people who are to quick to jump the gun and run to write a bad guy BOI. Contact him, see what he says, does, then go from there.
    1.0 normal (Hades)
    1.1 pastel (Snatch and Gypsy)
    1.0 pinstripe (Capone)
    0.1 spider pos het ghost
    1.0 mojave (Shrinked)
    2.3 kidz
    1.0 cat (The Cat)
    0.1 Hog Island Boa(BCI) (Calypso)
    1.2 rats (Dallas, Pinky and Bella)

0.1 sexy wife!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CCfive For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-27-2012)

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

heres the email i sent him

"http://s972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/cmack1991/?action=view&current=michealcastillo.png

note, the picture on the left is of the one you sent me as mojave male 6.
    the picture on the right is the one that you had listed on your website as mojave male 6, underneath the listing for mojave male 5.

in the picture in the link above, i have highlighted the following things:

1. (a) the big arrows labeled 1, show the difference in the dorsal stripes. the left picture has a spot in each of the first two stripe segments coming off of the neck (circled).
    (b) the first two segments coming off of the neck on the picture on the right, the one that you had labeled as mojave male 6, have no spots in them (also circled).

2. (a) the big arrows labeled 2 point to the dorsal stripe segments beginning from the tail, inside the circle the segments are labeled as, 1, 2, and 3, starting from the tail, and going up the spine.
    (b) note that tail stripe segments 2 are different sizes, as are tail stripe segments 3.

is the snake that you had pictured as mojave male 6 even available? im willing to not right up "bad guy" BOI's on fauna if you are willing to send me a pre-paid shipping label with a heat pack to send you back the snake you sent me, and send me the one you had pictured as mojave male 6 with no additional cost to me.

if the snake you had pictured as mojave male 6 is not available, i will be giving you bad reviews on every website i can think of, including faunaclassifieds.com, kingsnake.com, ball-pythons.net, redtailboas.net, redtailboas.com, and facebook.com."

am i being reasonable?

You are threatening him without even giving him the chance to explain what may have happened. A little too soon for that I think. Also you may want to spell check your words, capitalize the first letter at the beginning of your sentences, and switch "right up" for "write up".
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSnakeEye For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-27-2012)

Thanks

I have done business with Michael Castillo in person at the expo. I bought my smiley face pied from him. He is a good guy. I am sure if you bring it to his attention in a business like tone it will all be resolved and you will be happy.

I am very happy with my pied.

GL

Thanks
    It happened to me before with my 2nd snake. I contacted the seller at Reptile Kingdom that I received the wrong snake. The patterns on my female albino ball python was not the same one as pictured. He said it is and he can't do anything about it. I decided to let it go and keep the snake. Weeks later, he posted the same picture of the snake I was suppose to receive. That just made my blood boil! I will never do business with Reptile Kingdom again. At that time, I didn't know about these reptile forums. He got real lucky!!
    Ball Pythons are like Pokémon. Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Registered User Kamille Kirkendoll's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would have simply sent him an email explaining that the snake pictured was not the snake received. Then, if he declined to acknowledge his mistake, then I would have politely told him that I would not do business with him again and that I would be sharing my story with others so that they don't pay money for a snake they didn't ask for.

It's hard to take someone seriously who blows up at you for an honest mistake. I understand, though, I would have been peeved too. But, I would have calmed down, then approach him via email about the situation. People are less likely to be kind to you if you're not kind back. Being stern in a situation is different than being demanding.

I would have sent a second email if I did send an angry one first. A simple harsh word can ruin a person's day. Keep that in mind.

Hey, sometimes snakes do look alike when you're tired or in a hurry. Also, the little buggers never stay still long enough!

Has he messaged back?
    1.0.0 Classic Corn-Apollo
    0.0.1 Bearded Dragon-Aaliyah
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python-Basil
    0.1.0 Satanic House Cat-Mouse
    2.0.0 Male Fancy Rats - Heathcliffe & Darcy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast