Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 524

0 members and 524 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Backwater Reptiles: Good or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I got my 2 bps from there and my little sisters ribbon snake all in good health and such! and im getting a water monitor and a frilled dragon soon from there as well.. theyre good and the owner keeps in contact with me constantly, i asked him to let me knowwhenthe water monitors get back in stock <3 i must have one... since i had a good experience with them im getting all my little pets over there from now on.. lol unless my local shop has some, but I got my two babies from there, ill be doing a videodiary on them after a week or two to see how its doingfrom time to time (:

Just thought that I should add, that you "just" got them on Monday and they have not even eaten for you yet (as you posted in another thread that you are going away).
    So you may have had a good experience purchasing them, but only time will tell that you got 2 healthy snakes.
    My ultimate goal is an Albino Clown Pied.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tzeentch For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch View Post
    Just thought that I should add, that you "just" got them on Monday and they have not even eaten for you yet (as you posted in another thread that you are going away).
    So you may have had a good experience purchasing them, but only time will tell that you got 2 healthy snakes.
    x2. Well said. Only time will tell...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    i ordered a few animals from there and was not to happy the snakes a had gotten had mites and i called them and they didnt even care all they said was its in your hands now sorry but most of there stuff is imports so i guess you would get some mites and stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninerballs View Post
    i ordered a few animals from there and was not to happy the snakes a had gotten had mites and i called them and they didnt even care all they said was its in your hands now sorry but most of there stuff is imports so i guess you would get some mites and stuff.

Mine were clean, just shed wasnt exact... badnews though is i lost both of mine cause i didnt put a weight on the cage.. i am so frustrated.. x_X
    Pets-
    CLASSIC BP
    Ivy

CLASSIC BP
    Candy

Ribbon snake
    Voldemort

Cat- Kyley

Wolf/husky mix 75/25
    Coffee

Thanks

Listen to sum1 with a brain

1st off, I had doubts as well about Sam. They've been put to rest. If the animal arrives dead that's a chance u take when having a reptile shipped. Mine all arrived alive. If urs died after u got it maybe u don't know how to properly care for a snake. U really thought these were bred at SAMs house? Of course not, and he wouldn't b my choice on who could sex a reptile properly, however whoever does has been correct every time for me. And sexing a brand new baby is just a guess. I was upfront with Sam, he's a reputable guy and I have only had good experiences with backwater

Thanks

Re: Listen to sum1 with a brain

I'm kind of new here, but there are some things I can pick at in your reply.

1.) DOA's to my Knowledge are kind of rare when "healthy" animals are properly shipped (like with most breeders belonging to BP.net and Faunaclassifieds.)
    2.) I think it's a little..strong to be calling out someone's husbandry, because again I doubt joe shmoe who just wanted to impulse buy a snake, would do so at petsmart or petco rather than go through the extra hassle of shipping a snake. That aside, you have no idea about the husbandry in question.
    3.) I know when I first started looking online, I didn't think that places like general exotics, or backwater reptiles were just the middle man. They don't advertise it on their site, and it's an understandable mistake to someone new to the company, or herp community.
    4.) Again, when a website goes so far as to let you choose male or female, it would lead someone to believe that the company has some form of credibility. I haven't tried to sex a snake yet, so I can't speak on it easiness, or for baby snakes.

In short, you are part of a very limited number of people that I've found enjoy backwater reptiles, and I personally think you have just gotten lucky thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Conda View Post
    1st off, I had doubts as well about Sam. They've been put to rest. If the animal arrives dead that's a chance u take when having a reptile shipped. Mine all arrived alive. If urs died after u got it maybe u don't know how to properly care for a snake. U really thought these were bred at SAMs house? Of course not, and he wouldn't b my choice on who could sex a reptile properly, however whoever does has been correct every time for me. And sexing a brand new baby is just a guess. I was upfront with Sam, he's a reputable guy and I have only had good experiences with backwater

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoJaguar For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (04-20-2017)

Thanks

I just discovered this forum after ordering three hatchling eastern box turtles. Prior to discovering the forum I had some correspondence with Sam who seemed very helpful. Had I read the forum previously I most likely would not have placed my order. However, at this point I am hoping for the best and will isolate the new arrivals in another room. I will be sure to keep all posted on the condition and health of the babies.

Thanks

Angry Wrong order and ignored emails!!

just got my water dargon today and I am very unhappy. He is not what I ordered. I ordered an adult male water dragon for my female, who lost her mate last year. What I recieved was a small juvinile, too small to go into the large enclosure with my girl, becuase she will eat it. Yes, he is that tiny!

He was packaged horribly as well, cold and sickly looking. I emailed then twice and have been ignored. I also posted on their facebook page and those have been ignored and deleted. I paid $67 for an animal I did not order!

Thanks

Great experience, healthy animals

Hi Drama x,

I bought two baby Green iguanas and two baby Savannah monitors from Backwater Reptiles and was totally pleased. I received fast responses to my e-mails and quick shipping. I'm an engineer and know that people who have bad experiences are always the ones to complain online, you rarely hear from the people who are content and happy with their purchase. Anyways, just my experience.

BeeGee

Thanks

Backwater Reptiles: Good or Bad?

I ordered a normal ball and a brazilian rainbow boa, the normal was fine and the brb was dead on arrival, they didn't poke any air holes in his plastic container. They agreed to send me a new one, it was 4 emails(1 a week) and a threat to just charge back before they finally sent the replacement.

I wouldn't recommend them
    SNAKES

1.1 Leopard
    1.0 Clown
    1.0 Bp Albino
    0.1 Yellow Blush Albino
    0.1 BP 100% H.Albino
    0.1 66% H.Clown
    0.1 100% H. Albino
    0.1 Black/Green/Citrus Pastel(Mako)
    0.1 Lemon Blast
    0.1 Spider