Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,975

0 members and 1,975 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some new hogs!!

Thanks

Re: Some new hogs!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
    She is a bit different looking than a typical hog, but I've seen tons of normals just like her. She looks like what is referred to as a "blonde" phase.

I'd say the pattern isn't random within a clutch, but varies wildly between them. I double clutched both my blonde normal and my het. albino. Both clutches from the blonde had crazy patterns, and both from the het. had classic and "heavy" patterns (like your female). I'm betting that if I bred one of my crazy looking anacondas to the het., I'd end up with a mix of crazy and classic patterns.
    Ok, you've totally got me thinking now. Now that I have reds which were my first priority, I can start keeping my eyes open for a nice blonde female. I love the blonde anacondas I've seen. I wonder if all blonde phases have that interaction effect with the anaconda or it is only certain pattern variant normals that do and yours happened to also be a blonde. White Plains is only a month away again. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Do you happen to have a picture of your blonde female? And thanks for all the feedback, you've got me thinking!

Thanks

I just so happen to have a pic of her with my anaconda on my phone. If you want to send me your email address, I'll email you the pic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:

Chris633 (12-02-2011)

Thanks

yeah i recall...pics on his website... most anacondas have alredy been done... anry conda snow conda, ect. super condas is where its at now. i am just getting started and i use the money i get from brent to buy more of his snakes... its a win for him and me LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    I'm still drooling over that axanthic you picked up. Though, now I wonder about an axanthic anaconda.
    I am with you there. I love the clean white and black of my anery/axanthic that I think I will definitely have to breed it to an anaconda and make hets. This is where I would prefer the more reduced pattern anaconda bc I think it will make the blacks pop more on the whiter background.

Quote Originally Posted by mhd730399 View Post
    if i were you ide breed that super conda to a conda and get condas, pink panthers and more super condas...so many options and you could prduce some firsts. albino super conda, anrey super conda, ect so cool good luck...
    I denfinitely want to breed him to the anaconda. I want to see if I can make some more red condas and a red superconda. I just hope I don't lose too much of the red since the superconda isn't a red. I am still fuzzy on how the line traits work such do you get a watered down version or can one parent pass on the complete coloration.

I may stay away from the pink panthers. They look great, but I hear there are genetic problems with the pink pastel. I'll probably breed the superconda to the odd looking albino I just got to make some hets. If I am lucky enough to hit on a ghost my first season, I'll definitely breed that back to an anaconda.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mhd730399 View Post
    yeah i recall...pics on his website... most anacondas have alredy been done... anry conda snow conda, ect. super condas is where its at now. i am just getting started and i use the money i get from brent to buy more of his snakes... its a win for him and me LOL
    I wish I lived close enough to him to see some of his hogs in person. I've been lucky in that I know Tom Agosta here in NJ and he has a really nice hog collection. He made some really nice albino anacondas this year. I would have gotten one of those if I hadn't decided to go the ghost route. I know he is shooting for anery and hypo ones in the not so distant future. I can't wait to see those. Especially the anery as I haven't seen any (and I am by no means an authority here.. lol..) that are nicer than his.

Thanks
    its not the genitic traits as much as pink panthers have crap firtilirty and youd be lucky to get one per clutch, if that.

Thanks
    See that alone would make me stay away from the pink pastel. If they have fertility issues, makes them sound just like certain BP morphs who have those problems. I'd rather invest in other morphs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Chris, When you start flooding with Axanthics, perhaps even axanthacondas, do make sure to let us all know.

Or you know, at least let me know, so I can snag one early.

Regardless, you still have an amazing collection, hogs and balls.
    _____________Khulric_____________
    1.0 Common Snapping Turtle
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.2 Ball pythons
    1.4 Western Hognose
    1.0 Dumerils Boa
    0.3 Leopard Geckos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Virus For This Useful Post:

Chris633 (12-03-2011)

Thanks

Real nice additions Chris,..esp the Super! I bet your probably headed to Hamburg this morning! lol!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Old_School For This Useful Post:

Chris633 (12-03-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Chris, When you start flooding with Axanthics, perhaps even axanthacondas, do make sure to let us all know.

Or you know, at least let me know, so I can snag one early.

Regardless, you still have an amazing collection, hogs and balls.
    Haha.. No worries. Once I start hatching eggs I'll way too excited not to share all the results up on here. So I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School View Post
    Real nice additions Chris,..esp the Super! I bet your probably headed to Hamburg this morning! lol!
    Thanks! I wish I could have gone to Hamburg today but I work saturdays. I'll be up at the next White Plains though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123