Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,104

2 members and 3,102 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bulls?

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pit Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Actually that's a great way to train a dog to be food aggressive, seeing as you keep going up and randomly taking their food. Dogs that guard stuff do so because they are afraid you are going to take it, doing just that isn't going to help matters. Instead make you near their bowl a good thing, drop some treats in while they are eating, once they are comfortable with that, take it away for a milisecond and drop something really yummy in and give it right back, pretty quick you'll have a dog who loves people by their stuff, not one who thinks people are out to steal it. I'll never understand why people are so dead set on messing with dogs while they eat anyways, I expect my dogs to leave me alone while I eat and they get the same respect.
    I've never had that issue with any dog I've owned. Especially if I'm petting him while trying to remove the bowl. The point is to show dominance and who is the alpha. As for you not understanding why this is done... It's just in case any little kid tries to mess with the dog while eating, you wouldn't want the dog to have a bad reaction. When I eat I like to eat in peace, and when my dogs eat I like to let them eat in peace, but since they don't speak english, I can't tell them "hey don't bite anyone if they stick their hands in your face while you're eating". Difference between us and them.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Also when I said just go up to her and take the food away, what I meant was that while she is eating go up to her, pet her, tell her what a good dog she is, gets closer to her face and eventually just reach for the bowl. Eventually you can just skip the whole petting process. Actually if she isn't food aggressive now, I would just let her know you're there and let her know you're going to take it from her. But she has to be eating, because if you get her to stop eating, let's say to sit, while you grab the bowl, it defeats the purpose. Dog's usually show food aggression while actually eating or sticking their face in their bowl.
    Last edited by TheSnakeEye; 11-21-2011 at 03:07 AM.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    All finished with the vet visit! She is a whopping 25 lbs. A little underweight but not drastically. The burn has a bit of an infection, so I got some antibiotics that she gets to take once a day. She also has some infection around her spay incision, so the antibiotics should clear that up too. They are going to try and use the number on her ID to get some info on her shot record from the humane society, however, if they can't get anything she'll need to have her puppy shots again.

We get to go back in two weeks to have her checked out once more to make sure all is well. Everyone absolutely loved her, said she was the sweetest thing. I think I have ten different people approach me to say hello to her. So much love for my little pit puppy. We've decided to call her Cinnamon or Cinny. So we'll see how it all turns out from here!
    0.5 Normal - Crawly, Bonnie, Sally, Oracle, and Silver
    1.1 Spider - Parker and Clyde
    1.0 100% Het Albino - Lucky
    0.1 Cinnamon - Riddle
    1.0 Lesser Cinnamon - Sinatra
    1.1 Pastel Possible Het OG - Mellow and Squirt
    0.1 Albino - Sunny
    0.2 Mojave - Cassiopeia and Cleopatra
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly - Jigsaw
    1.0 Calico - Zeus

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Thanks
    Great to hear that the vet visit went well and congrats on your new baby she is so adorable..

Side note to all of you bully lovers:

I'm sure you've heard of Villalobos Rescue Center (from the tv show Pitbulls and Parolees). They are in a contest to win a LOT of money to help pitbulls. This contest would be huge and amazing for them. They need votes so if any of you are on facebook and can vote it would be so great. Also share it with as many of your friends as possible!!! There isn't much time left!!!

Here's the link. http://bit.ly/uoWhxW

Thanks

Re: Pit Bulls?

Congrats on your new pup, she is a cute little gal! Good luck with her and nice job stepping in to rescue her!

Our guy Chewee says hi....he's also a rescue dog.

Last edited by DMTWI; 11-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    DT

Thanks
    Congrats on the rescue!! You have a great heart!! I dont think thats a full-blood pit though, maybe I skipped over information?
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Thanks
    According to the vet she is a pitbull, using the definition of any bully breed that has no real record of lineage. So we are going with it lol. I think she looks a little mixed too. To me she seems a little taller than most pits I have seen and more narrow, but I adore her, no matter what she is lol.
    0.5 Normal - Crawly, Bonnie, Sally, Oracle, and Silver
    1.1 Spider - Parker and Clyde
    1.0 100% Het Albino - Lucky
    0.1 Cinnamon - Riddle
    1.0 Lesser Cinnamon - Sinatra
    1.1 Pastel Possible Het OG - Mellow and Squirt
    0.1 Albino - Sunny
    0.2 Mojave - Cassiopeia and Cleopatra
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly - Jigsaw
    1.0 Calico - Zeus

Thanks
    i've had Several Pitbulls through out my child hood and i have got another one a few months ago and he not one bit aggressive i have a 6 month baby boy and he very protective of my son he lets us know when my son is getting into thigs he will come and grab our clothing for us to follow him. There Only As Bad As There Owner Train Them To Be......
    Royal Python
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Albino
    1.0 Super Pastel
    1.0 Pastel Butter
    0.1 Cinnamon
    0.3 Woma
    0.2 Het. Albino
    0.2 Spiders

Thanks

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast