Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,231

1 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Follow up on ASF Murder

Back on 10/5 I wrote a post that my 1.4 had killed a female. Turns out it was the male (didn't have my glasses on). I was hoping he had done his job before they killed him and I'd just let one of the males grow up and be the stud. The females look a little fat, but I'm not sure they are pregnant. Should I just wait and see? How long? Could anyone tell if I posted pictures? If no one is pregnant, can I add a male or feed them all off and start again?

Thanks
    0.1 Normal (Bella)
    1.0 Het Russo (Felix)
    0.1 Het Russo (Alisha)
    1.0 Pewter (Rocco)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Janine)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Blanco)
    0.1 Black Pastel (Blackie)

http://www.iherp.com/bivman

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Re: Follow up on ASF Murder

Quote Originally Posted by bivman View Post
    Back on 10/5 I wrote a post that my 1.4 had killed a female. Turns out it was the male (didn't have my glasses on). I was hoping he had done his job before they killed him and I'd just let one of the males grow up and be the stud. The females look a little fat, but I'm not sure they are pregnant. Should I just wait and see? How long? Could anyone tell if I posted pictures? If no one is pregnant, can I add a male or feed them all off and start again?

Thanks
    I would feed off and replace. If they are breeding then they are likely already 4 months old. If they did have a baby boy and you raised it to adult age, by the time they reproduce again the females will be 8 months old and nearing the end of their optimum breeding age.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    I would feed off and replace. If they are breeding then they are likely already 4 months old. If they did have a baby boy and you raised it to adult age, by the time they reproduce again the females will be 8 months old and nearing the end of their optimum breeding age.
    Thats what I figured, thanks Mike. Just need to find someone with some more near Orlando. At the worst, I can wait until the Repticon in December.
    0.1 Normal (Bella)
    1.0 Het Russo (Felix)
    0.1 Het Russo (Alisha)
    1.0 Pewter (Rocco)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Janine)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bivman View Post

Thanks
    To follow up on my followup, one of the females had 11 babies yesterday. I think the albino is ready to drop some soon too. Once these babies are weaned, I'll probably set up 1 colony and get one more 1.3 from someone else (hopefully breeding age). I'll feed off the original females then too. So far they haven't eaten the babies, which I was worried about.
    0.1 Normal (Bella)
    1.0 Het Russo (Felix)
    0.1 Het Russo (Alisha)
    1.0 Pewter (Rocco)
    0.1 Bumblebee (Janine)