Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,291

1 members and 3,290 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Just wanted to share some "creative-ish" writing.

While waiting at the neurologists office yesterday, and throughout my journey home, I had my phone out and I was typing away.
    This is what I came up with:

http://fyrework.wordpress.com/2011/0...n-the-life-of/

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

Thanks

Re: Just wanted to share some "creative-ish" writing.

Quote Originally Posted by CatandDiallo View Post
    A cure for their husband’s couch-potato-ish existence.
    Clever!

You are a talented writer and a brave individual for letting people get so close to something so personal.

Hope you are feeling better.
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to el8ch For This Useful Post:

CatandDiallo (09-30-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I agree with el8ch, you are a very good writer. I'm sorry you're going through so much especially at such a young age. Although I do not personally have any debilitating health issues myself, I struggle everyday with my boyfriend's health issues. He's a type 1 diabetic, something that will never go away. He's had it for close to ten years now (he's 30) and is just now starting to get it under control, because of me. I feel like because we're together it takes a toll on both of us. I mean, his low blood sugars obviously affect him severely, but they affect me directly as well. He turns into a person I don't even recognize when his sugars drop below 50. My main concern, although low blood sugars are not good either, they are not as bad in the long term as high blood sugar, which is what we struggle with every single day. I desperately don't want to see him go through the complications of a diabetic who has no control, so I have a large part of his burden also. If you ever need to talk you can always PM me, anytime. If nothing else, I'm a good listener
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles1101 For This Useful Post:

CatandDiallo (09-30-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks guys..
    I can't do math to save my life, but I feel like I can at least write!

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. It gives me a different perspective, and it makes me wonder how much my boyfriend worries about me or what he thinks about my illness.

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

Thanks

Thanks guys..

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. It gives me a different perspective, and it makes me wonder how much my boyfriend worries about me or what he thinks about my illness.
    I suck at math too!! Haha

I'm sure your boyfriend feels for what you go through. I don't know the details of your illness of course, but any health issues of one affects the other. I know with my boyfriend, when he takes his blood sugar and it's high, I get this horrible sinking feeling, and when I look at him I can see he feels the exact same way. I hope whatever you're going through that your boyfriend is there with you through it all. I know before me, my boyfriend's ex-girlfriends just tried to ignore it, and didn't get involved. That's not how it should be.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    I wish he was more there for me, to tell you the truth.

We don't live together, and we live 2 hours away from each other. Even though we usually see each other Friday, Saturday, Sunday every week, when I have bad days during the week no one is there.

My roommates just asked me how I was. I said I was upset about the illness and how it's not going away, and how I have to start a 6-week course of really expensive medication.

One of them just shrugged and said: "At least it's not cancer"...

Thanks, guys.

Thanks

I wish he was more there for me, to tell you the truth.

We don't live together, and we live 2 hours away from each other. Even though we usually see each other Friday, Saturday, Sunday every week, when I have bad days during the week no one is there.

My roommates just asked me how I was. I said I was upset about the illness and how it's not going away, and how I have to start a 6-week course of really expensive medication.

Thanks, guys.

No wonder you're so down about it! I know it might not mean much, but if you ever need to talk, even though we're really far away I'll help you out any way I can. I can't imagine going through that practically on my own

Thanks
    Ugh, that comment just got me really angry.

No, it's not cancer. No, it's not life-threatening (at this stage, anyways). But it affects, and has been affecting my day-to-day life since July. It's like she's trying to take away my right to be upset about this illness, just because it's not cancer.

I wouldn't go up to someone with Cancer and say: "HEY! At least it's not EBOLA!"..

Thanks

Thanks guys..
    Quote Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    I suck at math too!! Haha
    I can pick up the slack as far as the Math goes!

Really?! Oh wow. I am so surprised at some peoples lack of compassion and shear ignorance. I suffer from a mild form of kidney disease and when people make those sorts of comments towards me it infuriates me so I can only imagine how you would have felt. Ones needs do not fall secondary to anothers, I feel that we all have our own problems and despite their grandeur we all need someone to be compassionate towards what we may be dealing with. Comments like those are best unsaid, I would much rather you smile and nod or gest some sort of nervous laughter.
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

Thanks
    Yeah.

The next time she says something about how bad her anxiety disorder was, I just am going to want to shrug and say: "At least it's not schizophrenia".

I wonder how that would make her feel.

(I would never do that, though).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast