Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,401

3 members and 3,398 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: any other gearheads out there?

Quote Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
    QuickCobra- gonna be quick car.no doubt. I believe I like the orange coupe the best... but have always been partial to coupes.
    This is only my 5th 'stang -3rd fox, a 2v and 4v SN95(spread over the last 20 years). It changes daily in my head where I want to go with motor... which ever way 1.) it will pass emissions and 2.) it willl have ac (something not figured out yet on Coyote-I believe) 3.) and a streetable 400+rwhp. All three powerplants will get me there.
    Thats a very achievable goal man, 400hp is pretty simple with all 3 power plants. The 03/04 may be the most fun imo But I love the mod motors. I am lucky not to have emissions here in FL. My Cobra still has all the options leather, power seats, a/c, p/s. Im not a fan of removing all the luxuries. I like to get in my caar and take a drive. It will be able to drive daily and do some Mustang cruises (running on a different map of course)

I do know tho... Since my family and I are mostly from TX. theres ways to "pass" emissions lol.
    Last edited by Quikcobra; 09-13-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by womsterr View Post
    Here is a little project I've been working on for a while. 2004 Dodge SRT-10 Ram. On engine number 3. Tuned this week and made 670hp and 760 lbs at the rear wheels.

I bought the truck in 2004 with a blown motor. It had only 2k miles! We built another and it grenaded at the Mopar Nationals. It was a long haul getting all the parts (well saving up for the parts) to get her back together. I'm real pleased with the results. For those that don't know trucks they are the ones with the viper motor. Over the years we finished the motor..all billet, customer cam, bored, stroked, arp studs and billet cross bolted mains, custom fuel system.

When times were good I got a Paxton Supercharger kit for it. That thing has been sitting in the garage for 4 years and i didn't have the $$$ to do it. Finally got it done and tuned LAST week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9AL7OrcNBw

I always liked these trucks... A buddy here in Orlando Got great numbers with stock internals in his viper but same motor so I figure it wouldnt be too far off doing the same with with the truck... He owns a muffler shop, They fabbed up the turbo kit on the stock engine, wanted 850ish then was surprised... The tuner moved to TX about 9 months ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1RQnGgN84A

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quikcobra For This Useful Post:

Highline Reptiles South (09-13-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    This video was after the new crate 514 was put in. Not best traction as didnt have cheater slicks on at the time so the car fish tails on no blacktop roads. With the cheaters on on the right road, front end came up about 2 feet off ground

Anyways ended up getting a nice 10.1 run out of it before selling it. His 649rwhp. had a lot more plans for it but couldnt afford it any longer.

Last edited by RichsBallPythons; 09-13-2011 at 12:52 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

Highline Reptiles South (09-13-2011)

BPnet Veteran Highline Reptiles South's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks man. that is SICK numbers for a stock motor. That year viper had forged internals so it was built to last. My motor as built now can handle way more boost but I just can't make it. Underground Racing has built 1500 hp turbo motors with the same build. I should have gone turbos..... but hey its still scary fast at nearly 700 hp. I have witnessed 1400hp gen 2 turbo vipers and can only imagine what it would be like to drive! My flying 5000lbs brick will roast them in 2nd and 3rd as it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quikcobra View Post
    Thats a very achievable goal man, 400hp is pretty simple with all 3 power plants. The 03/04 may be the most fun imo But I love the mod motors. I am lucky not to have emissions here in FL. My Cobra still has all the options leather, power seats, a/c, p/s. Im not a fan of removing all the luxuries. I like to get in my caar and take a drive. It will be able to drive daily and do some Mustang cruises (running on a different map of course)

I do know tho... Since my family and I are mostly from TX. theres ways to "pass" emissions lol.
    I hear ya on the creature comforts. I will have quite abit of sound deadener/block in it... hate the tin can feel/sound, getting old I guess.
    Well aware of passing the emissions thing, don't want to play those games. With the modest #'s I am shooting for, the right cam, high flo cats and tune should keep things good.

Thanks
    Rich- great looking four-eye!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Forgot ot mention it had a 91 front end lol So no 4 eye

Thanks
    My Prerunner'd Ranger, 17" of travel in the front and 18" in the rear.

The pics suck but that's all I have left since she's been scrapped after an old guy in a cadillac hit me and twisted the frame beyond recognition.

I dabble in 4 wheels but this is what I'd much rather wrench on, this pic was taken about 6 months ago during a 2 hr GP style race.

Thanks
    devildog- diggin' the Zook. Seems we share a brain. I however have moved on from the bikes. My last was a '97 KTM 300EXC- mainly did hairscrambles and turkey runs. Shattered my leg back in '92 (motocross) and never quite got back (more mental I think), found it was taking too much toll on me and hung up the leathers in '99.

Thanks
    Nice, I started out racing desert, only raced moto a few times.

I've broken my right collar bone 5 times, left collar bone once, broke one ankle and tore ligaments in the other, dislocated a knee, and completely exploded a hip, so I know what you're sayin there... I'm only 26 but can't hardly stand up without something hurting... my girlfriend always calls me broken haha.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast