Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

2 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Threaded View

Thanks

Ahh...the first strike.

I've been waiting for this to happen. Almost hoping it would so I'd know what it was like and get over the anticipation. Well today, Quentin took his first shot at me. It's been 30 hours since I fed him and I went into the cage for the first time since to check on him just now. He was in his second hide (a shoe, loves it) and I slid him forward so I could see him fully. He was in the S position, but has done this many times and is usually just bluffing. I slowly stroked his side gently to let him know I was there and not a threat. After about ten seconds of that he lifted up and darted forward, missing the landing but bumping his head into my hand in what was clearly intended to be a 'piss off and let me chill' attempt at a bite. I took no offense, and put his shoe back in his enclosure with him still in it. I'll see what kind of mood he's in tomorrow! Any newbies with BP's, trust me, it's not a big deal to get struck at, and the anticipation of a bite is much worse then the bite itself. In my one time experience it's just the snake trying to tell you he'd rather have some alone time right now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jsixfingers For This Useful Post:

SuddenEclipse (08-21-2011)