Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

1 members and 3,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Robyn,

As usual thanks the response. With all this talk going on everyone is anxious to see what the outcome here is. I wish you guys luck and I really want it to work out for you. I have a female as well and to be honest I can't wait to get her to size. I have to say I think deserts are just beautiful animals, maybe it's just my thing please keep us posted. Its also great that you guys have been keeping the communication open, keeping us in the loop. Heres fingers crossed for you guys!

Thanks
    Word came today of a new Desert female clutch in a Euro collection. We have sent quite a few PE Deserts that way in the last couple of years. Hoping to hear more details and see some pics soon!

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Desert Lesser x Desert Spider female

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    Our females are still copping. We have removed all supplemental heat in their cages, going after a new theory. Follicles have grown a bit, and cops are still occuring, but the normal rate of breeding progression is not there, which I would think has to do with lack of heat.

But the Desert females that have been bred in the past had no supplemental heat, so we are rolling with that approach. Hopefully slow and steady will get us to where we want to be. It is just extra slow.

As for the Desert clutch posted on KS, it is past hatch date, but I haven't seen a peep from that breeder again since the day he posted the clutch.
    Everything is great with desert females. You see no difference in them. They grow and breed just fine....YET....you are "going after a new theory"when it comes to breeding them. Doesn't that seem just a leeeetle strange to anyone else? The only way BG is gonna change up the way he breeds his snakes is if all he and everyone else has had is FAILURE when it comes to the "conventional" way. Just a thought.

Don't be scared people. Ask the hard questions that need to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    Word came today of a new Desert female clutch in a Euro collection. We have sent quite a few PE Deserts that way in the last couple of years. Hoping to hear more details and see some pics soon!
    Can't wait to hear about this clutch. BG will add it to his report.

Thanks
    From what I've read some have posted egg bound females "due to heat" and the female's size. There is at least one report of a female passing away due to this and the fact that is was reportedly 1200-1400 grams, small, but in most respects breed-able. Now if he says he hasn't tried breeding, I'll have to take him at his word on this, why wouldn't he do the smart thing and heed others warning?

Robyn, Chad and Stan didn't create the desert ball python they were found in the wild, they simply are breeders that imported them and found them to be an interesting morph. Robyn, nor Pro exotics are responsible for any issues these females may have. I think it's smart of him to weight till the females are of appropriate size, 1800+ to be safe, and use any methods to increase the chances of her producing successfully.

That being said, yes, if they (PE) know factually that there is an issue (sterility, reproductive issues) with this morph then that should be disclosed to those of us sounding 4k+ on a snake which we believe to be an "investment" in producing more deserts and desert combos. I have no evidence to date that this is the case. He (Robyn) has cleared stated what he "knows" or "thinks". Of course being one of the top producers of deserts his reputation, and maybe even livelihood, could be at stake. Why not do what you can to insure propagation of the morph?

Robyn, I say go for it. Try what you must, want, think, etc. There are many of us anxiously waiting on an outcome. 1,2 even 10 failures (expression of thought here, I have not personally heard of a given number of reports) does not constitute a failure in my mind. I've seen females never produce for a breeder only to do so for another on the first go. Good luck with your breeding plans. If you fail let us know, if you succeed let us know.

Please note, this response is not a denotation of agreeance with anyone. If BG has something to show I'm open to see it, as I'm sure are others. If Robyn has something to share we are equally open. Thanks!

Fred.

Thanks
    *wait not weight, *spending not sounding, sorry a few typos there.. iPhone..

Thanks
    Any updates? This should be due soon, right?
    Local to Virginia? Check out VaHerps.com

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Desert Lesser x Desert Spider female

Quote Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
    Any updates? This should be due soon, right?
    Since you do not seem to be aware Pro Exotic have lost their entire BP collection to a fire.
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Shadera (05-23-2012)

Thanks
    "The Pro Exotics facility suffered utter devastation on Monday morning, September 26th, 2011. Robyn@PE got a call from the alarm company at 5:45 a.m. that smoke was pouring out of the building. He arrived at the facility at 6:10 a.m. to find the smoke increasing and fire crews on the scene."

Wiped out there collection. No updates because all have perished in the collection! Tragic
    "Every Job is a portrait of one's self worth; Paint each Job with excellence!"

Thanks
    i am still bummed to hear that the desert combo in this thread didn't make it

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    P.s. the post was almost a year ago lol.
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast