Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,359

0 members and 3,359 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xanax

Thanks

Re: Xanax

i take 2mg bars for when ever i have a great deal of stress or panic attack. i will take around 2-3 depending on how bad it is. so thats 4-6 mg. I dont take them every day though.

Thanks

I have known people who take Xanax....dont drink any alcohol with it...Thats my say in the matter.

You wouldnt believe how many people walking around are on it...almost everyone I know has taken it at one time.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I took 1mg of it yesterday and I'm not in a haze. There is a big difference in taking it recreationally and needing to take it. I felt fine yesterday, I didn't feel messed up or in a haze at all

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bman123 For This Useful Post:

Nuzum1978 (04-15-2010)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

The good thing about them is they work quick. I can't imagine taking 4-6mg of it now lol. I would be in a haze for sure. That's eight or ten of the pills I have now.

I am sure I will take at least two today at the same time tho. I get panic attacks if I'm around alot of people. The ole lady wants to go to ikea and it's in pa we live in Ohio. She don't drive on the expressway so I have to drive. I will just pop two of them in the parking lot when we get there so they will kick in soon.

I don't know what it is about being in a crowd of people. I instantly get nervous. I think it's because I don't trust people at all. With the way the world is today there are some crazy ass people who do bad things so I always have my eyes open and looking around especially when it comes to my 4yr old daughter

Thanks

some people have built tolerances towards the drug or have a natural tolerance to it. so 4-6 mg differs from person to person

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yeah I am sure that after awhile I will need to take more. I will take my script with me today tho. I'm sure we will be there for about 4 or 5 hours so by the time we leave I will be fine.

I have taken it recreationally when I was younger and I remember being tore up off of a bar. But when you actually need the medicine you don't get messed up off of it unless you take alot.

A couple of my buddies got hooked on Xanax when we were younger but they were taking 2-4 bars a night every Friday and Saturday night. I never took it like that. Maybe a bar once a month and only when I was stressed out

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I felt more messed up off the lexapro then the Xanax. Maybe because I was taking it when I didn't need it. I needed anxiety meds not anti depressant meds lol.

I just hope this medicine helps out. I think it will as it works fast. I took the 2 pills yesterday as soon as I got the script filled and by the time I got home 15minutes away I felt alot better.

I don't want to take it everyday so I'm gonna try not to. It's hard on me in the morning when I wake up and feel like I can't breathe. I'm normally fine for the rest of the day unless I have to go somewhere where there is alot of people because I feel so uncomfortable and scared.

I will give the Xanax a shot but so far so good. I will chime in later and let you guys know how my day went. I really appreciate you guys chiming in here, it feels good knowing that other people understand how I feel. It is very hard to talk to people about it when they have never experienced it

Thanks

Most antidepressants are also used as anti-anxieties, too. I use atarax most frequently for itching, but it can also be used for anxiety as it can increase sedation or potentiate the effects of other medications. Many drugs, particularly psych drugs, have multiple uses. I've used Haldol (an antipsychotic) for pain, Seroquel is used for ADHD, insomnia, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc. I've even used Elavil, which is used most commonly as an antidepressant for humans, as an anti-anxiety med for my dog!

Lexapro is not an inappropriate prescription for anxiety.

(and by the way- when I say, "I use," I mean, "I've given." I'm a nurse, not THAT messed up! lol)

I haven't ever been on Xanax, but I would encourage you to not base your dose on what others take. In fact, just ignore any other dosages you hear about. Take it as your doctor prescribes, and if it doesn't work, talk to him/her about increasing the dosage. If you have it in your mind that your current dosage isn't going to work, chances are better that it won't.
    Last edited by unspecified42; 04-06-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

After I was on Xanax for quite some time, I stopped taking it. I could feel anxious.. pick up the bottle and tell myself.. "If this gets bad.. I'll take a Xanax.. they're right here in the bottle ready.." and generally.. the panic would recede.. because I knew I had the med to take.

I don't believe in taking ANY drug "for fun". Basing how you feel after taking a drug you didn't need is like declaring that Immodium makes everyone horribly miserable, because when you were fine and healthy, you drank half a bottle and were stopped up for a week. You didn't NEED something for your hormones/brain chemicals/etc... yet you took something that altered it. Of course it messed you up.

Many drugs are mis-prescribed.. or simply are not the right "fit" for that particular patient. That doesn't mean that they don't work for other people. Just because some doctors over-prescribe.. or under-prescribe... drugs, doesn't mean the drugs are bad.. or that the drugs can't help people. Not everyone needs to stay on a maintanance dose of drugs for their life... some people do need that. Just like some people need high blood pressure meds despite being on a good diet/exercise program.. some folks need anxiety drugs to help balance themselves out.

And I agree.. DON'T try to base what YOU should take according to the dose someone else takes.. or what you might read. Your metabolism and problems might be different from them.

I hope that whatever path you end up using, it helps you. Panic attacks are intense and scary and can turn into a spiral of depression/anxiety/physical health issues.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I am just surprised to hear of people taking 4-6 mg of Xanax that's all. I took 1mg and it did the job fine for me. I would never just pop 6-8 xanaxs at one time, I'm surprised that some people need to take that much.

I took 1 .5 mg pill before we went into ikea and I was fine the whole time. I don't want to take them but they help me and I need the help. I figured 1mg would mess me up but I didn't feel like that at all.

Once again so far so good with the Xanax they really are helping. When I take the lexapro or atarax I just didn't give a crap about anything and I didn't like that at all

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast