Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

1 members and 3,252 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

View Poll Results: Should We Stop Harvesting Wild BP's?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 61.61%
  • No

43 38.39%

Threaded View

Thanks

Question Wild Caught Ball Pythons

So, I was looking around on YouTube....trying to find a good "National Geographic" or "Discovery Channel" type video of Ball Pythons in the wild.
    The only one I could find right away was a video, a bad one at that from a camera phone it seems, of a few guys reaching into burrows and yanking out wild Ball Pythons. Not only that, but unraveling a female from her eggs, and taking her too. They have bags, and it appears that they are collecting them to sell abroad as wild-caught ball pythons. (SEE BELOW FOR VIDEO)

This kind of rubbed me the wrong way. As far as I am concerned, there are more than enough captive born & bred ball pythons that this can be stopped.
    I think at this point we are just raping a continent of beautiful, peaceful, native snakes. I most certainly DO NOT think that we are going to discover some crazy-cool, naturally occurring morph that has not already been found.

So that's they question of the poll.
    DO YOU THINK THERE IS STILL ANY REASON TO STILL BE "HARVESTING" WILD-CAUGHT BALL PYTHONS?

Maybe it's just me...but I thought this would be a good topic starter and I hope people voice their opinions on it. The poll will be private, so no one will know how you voted. Remember, let's keep it civil. I don't want to invoke anyone breaking rules or anything. Debates can get hot sometimes, but keep your cool
    YouTube - Ball pythons in the wild

Thanks for any opinions,
    SpiderBP
    FUBAR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderBP For This Useful Post:

Missy King (01-17-2012)