Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

2 members and 3,370 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Banana ball python

Printable View

• 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
    Hock3ymonk3y
    Re: Banana ball python
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulcher View Post
    Ok so we all know that the Banana is the holy grail to ball pythons. From my understanding they are a co-dom snake. My question is, why are there not alot of them flooding the market? is it to keep prices high? why are they so rare? i have never seen one even offered for sale, i hope someone can clarify.

I though the dreamsicle would be the "holy grail" it is worth $50000 you know :) The banana is spectacular though
  • 05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
    Pulcher
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hock3ymonk3y View Post
    I though the dreamsicle would be the "holy grail" it is worth $50000 you know :) The banana is spectacular though

Dreamsicle is not a base morph and could be made by anyone which would not make it a "grail" if anyone can make it.

The Banana on the other hand is a base morph which makes more sought after and theres more to play with. when the first females were sold they were in the $100,000 range.
  • 05-21-2009, 10:14 PM
    DesignerBP
    i can only imagine how much the banana clown is jeeeze :weirdface
  • 05-22-2009, 12:15 AM
    Wonzzer
    Unbelievable
    Imagine the luck hunter that came across that in the wild. What do you think he said?:P
  • 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM
    RandyRemington
    I thought I read that even when the first female got to the states some thought she was a caramel and passed on her. I'm sure she wasn't cheep but I don't think the price really shot up until after she proved to be something new.
  • 05-22-2009, 08:40 AM
    ballpythonluvr
    What an awesome looking snake!
  • 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM
    Watever
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulcher View Post
    Dreamsicle is not a base morph and could be made by anyone which would not make it a "grail" if anyone can make it.

The Banana on the other hand is a base morph which makes more sought after and theres more to play with. when the first females were sold they were in the $100,000 range.

A Banana Piebald would also be awesome :)

The Champagne was also high priced at first, the first BEL, etc... Like a lot of other morph. The only think with Banana, is that it never been (as far as I know) avaible to the large public. And since the first one (as I know again) was a female, it too longer to reproduce them.
  • 05-22-2009, 09:53 PM
    Mike Schultz
    Re: Unbelievable
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonzzer View Post
    Imagine the luck hunter that came across that in the wild. What do you think he said?:P

He said "I bet i can get at LEAST $500 american for this and buy myself a new house!"

;)
  • 05-22-2009, 10:22 PM
    Pinoy Pythons
    Re: Unbelievable
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardofOzz View Post
    He said "I bet i can get at LEAST $500 american for this and buy myself a new house!"

;)

or maybe "crap, not another ball python holy grail"...:)
  • 05-23-2009, 01:37 AM
    MAballs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyRemington View Post
    I thought I read that even when the first female got to the states some thought she was a caramel and passed on her. I'm sure she wasn't cheep but I don't think the price really shot up until after she proved to be something new.

i think i read that in Kevin McCurleys book "The complete ball python"

I had the pleasure of actually holding one of these on one of my visits to NERD and trust me when i tell you no matter how good the picture is it is no where near as amazing as seeing it in person. Simply stunning.