Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

3 members and 3,301 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
  • 07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
    xXxFluffyEmoxXx
    Re: What does a bite from a ball python feel like?
    I think i have the worst one lol..FEEDING DAY!! and a 7 year old female..felt like a wasp sting..she tried to constrict but i get her to let go after about 5 minutes
  • 07-09-2009, 09:46 PM
    Fallout32
    My ball took a few strikes at me before. Couldn't really feel it at all. I think it might have struck cuz of my wardrobe choice but i guess we'll never know...

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/w...ut32/42269.jpg
    (Costumeshop.com) don't want any legal issues... ;)
  • 07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
    NEguywil
    Mine bit me and it really wasn't painful. Like a pin stick maybe? The biggest thing was just the suprise.
  • 07-10-2009, 12:13 AM
    Patricia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    Snake bites feel like kisses.

Our little one (5-6 months? 120g) got me a few days ago. I didn't even see the forward lunge, just the backward retreat, and the tiny touch/flick felt like a cotton ball.

Has still made me as nervous as heck ever since when picking it up!
  • 07-10-2009, 12:18 AM
    Hulihzack
    Only time a ball bit me was when it missed the rat... I wasn't using tongs so I can't say it really suprised me. Pain? nah. He didn't hold on, just left a few pin pricks.
  • 07-10-2009, 12:25 AM
    norse79
    I got tagged once by an adult, but my hand hurt worse because when I jerked back, I hit my hand against the wall. Few spots of blood, but nothing painful.
  • 07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
    Oroborous
    The few times I've been bit by a BP I didn't even feel it. Didn't notice either untill I saw the blood dripping down my arm, lol. That was years ago and none of my BPs have bit me since...now my blood python is another story, the few nips I've gotten from him sting!
  • 07-10-2009, 01:24 AM
    BPsRule
    I've had my BP (Chopper) for 6 1/2 years now and he's only bitten me once. He really latched onto me when he did it though! October of last year. He let go once he realized that I wasn't a tasty rat. But, I have a numb index finger on my left hand that reminds me of the incident. He must've got the nerve in my finger pretty good! I guess you can say that he really "got on my nerves" that night! Sorry, bad pun. Anyway, I have bad luck with my fingers! I had an accident with a utility knife several years ago that has another one of my fingers numb. I'm running out of healthy, fully functional digits!
  • 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
    dc4teg
    i have, didnt hurt, it was a beginner feeding mistake...... :P
  • 07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
    guambomb832
    When my big female ball's tooth scraped my finger, it kind of hurt because I pulled back, but nothing serious. When I get bit by my smaller 2 foot ball python, it doesn't hurt, its just a suprise and I freak out.