Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

0 members and 3,284 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
  • 05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
    AJs Snake House
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    Also, don't wanna post another thread but has anyone ever purchased from nicebalz.com?

My first online purchase was from Garrick and it was a great experience.
    Royalconstrictordesigns.com
    Shipping is flat rate and the animals are very high quality and prices are definitely fair...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
  • 05-05-2012, 12:23 AM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Re: NERD Genetic Certification?
    Quote:

Also, don't wanna post another thread but has anyone ever purchased from nicebalz.com?

What are you looking to add next?
    The only order I have done was from rabernet, everything else is local;)
  • 05-05-2012, 12:37 AM
    DavidMundy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    What are you looking to add next?
    The only order I have done was from rabernet, everything else is local;)

Was thinking about buying a younger pastel het clown male from somewhere and then a female adult het clown from Justin Kobylka, breeding it to the male "het clown" from the dude who this thread is about to try an prove it out.
  • 05-05-2012, 04:42 AM
    1nstinct
    If he is getting into Gilas that's a bad choice, if I'm correct I remember seeing a 845 area code(upstate ny area code around Middletown,) and it is illegal to own ANY venomous reptile in NY. So he will be in some big trouble! And if you
    Need any help just let me know info camping in wurtsburrow during the summer sonim in a 845 area code also(only catching snakes I get, not to
    Many snakes on LI:mad:) keep us posted.
    Tom
  • 05-05-2012, 08:02 AM
    PitOnTheProwl
    Quote:

Was thinking about buying a younger pastel het clown male from somewhere and then a female adult het clown from Justin Kobylka, breeding it to the male "het clown" from the dude who this thread is about to try an prove it out.

You might think about a visual male? The het to unknown het might not be a good thing unless you have great luck LOL
  • 05-05-2012, 08:50 AM
    1nstinct
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    You might think about a visual male? The het to unknown het might not be a good thing unless you have great luck LOL

I think he wants to take the PH male he has and breed it to the het female from someone, so a visual male prob will do nothing since he still has to raise the PH female up to breeding size.
    You best best is trying to find a breeder(or close to breeder) size female clown but that will cost you some $$$$. I would just get a visual female baby raise it up then breed your PH male to her and also to your PH female. You will end up with some normals, 100% hey clowns, and possibly clowns if the PHs prove out. But it will take some time.
    Tom
  • 05-05-2012, 02:07 PM
    DavidMundy
    I think I'm going to buy an adult visual male clown and an adult het clown female from Justin, breed the visual male to my "het clown" female I already have to try an prove it out.
  • 05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
    jkobylka
    Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Did you breed them out? If not, how do you know they weren't het clown. Google het clowns and compare the pics. There are variances of course, but, they all have a general look that is different than your average normal.

You could not possibly be more wrong about this. The idea that you could possibly pick two snakes that look exactly like those out of a random group of bps and have them prove to be het Clown is astronomically impossible. Having personally hatched hundreds of het clowns I can personally say they come in every variation of the normal "wild type" and have no markers or special look to them.

Not posting this to call you out, only to educate those who would be mislead by your post."
  • 05-07-2012, 10:39 PM
    vdubya98
    This might be a long reply.....sorry

@DavidMundy- i know i'm a newby to the forum but i have spent the last 30+ minutes reading every single one post and reply, i want to apologize for the idiot who sold you those snakes. they could be, they could not be het clowns, but IMHO they could be something else, every normal i've come across is not that light, to me they kind of look like vanillaish or fireish. but then again could just be light colored normals. thats my opinion.

Every friday i volunteer with Kevin at NERD, i have tomorrow off and plan to venture out the 20 minutes from my house to go there and talk to him about a few snakes i plan to purchase from him. i'm sure either Kevin or Andy will be there and be more than happy to know about this situation. I do know kevin is very diligent about keeping records, i know when i purchase some of my higher end snakes from him he retains a copy of my name for their record. It wont hurt me to ask if there is a record. if you like message me what the persons first and last name is and i will be more than happy to further inquire about that.

as for the visual traits of the het clowns. i am 99.9999% positive you cannot visually determine het clowns. even the visual trait of het pieds are not 100% accurate. as far as googling information about anything or doing any research on the internet i would take any info with a grain of salt due to the fact you can post anything you want on the internet and state that it is true, i would exercise caution in doing so. there are however several books all about ball pythons and genetic markers that help in the cause.

i hope any of this helps, and like i said....i'll inquire with kevin or andy tomorrow and see what info i can get. let me know if theres anymore i can do
  • 05-07-2012, 11:44 PM
    DavidMundy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vdubya98 View Post
    This might be a long reply.....sorry

@DavidMundy- i know i'm a newby to the forum but i have spent the last 30+ minutes reading every single one post and reply, i want to apologize for the idiot who sold you those snakes. they could be, they could not be het clowns, but IMHO they could be something else, every normal i've come across is not that light, to me they kind of look like vanillaish or fireish. but then again could just be light colored normals. thats my opinion.

Every friday i volunteer with Kevin at NERD, i have tomorrow off and plan to venture out the 20 minutes from my house to go there and talk to him about a few snakes i plan to purchase from him. i'm sure either Kevin or Andy will be there and be more than happy to know about this situation. I do know kevin is very diligent about keeping records, i know when i purchase some of my higher end snakes from him he retains a copy of my name for their record. It wont hurt me to ask if there is a record. if you like message me what the persons first and last name is and i will be more than happy to further inquire about that.

as for the visual traits of the het clowns. i am 99.9999% positive you cannot visually determine het clowns. even the visual trait of het pieds are not 100% accurate. as far as googling information about anything or doing any research on the internet i would take any info with a grain of salt due to the fact you can post anything you want on the internet and state that it is true, i would exercise caution in doing so. there are however several books all about ball pythons and genetic markers that help in the cause.

i hope any of this helps, and like i said....i'll inquire with kevin or andy tomorrow and see what info i can get. let me know if theres anymore i can do

Thank you very much
    His name is Anthony Pagano or Bryan Pagano.