Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,177

1 members and 3,176 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
    Seneschal
    Almost ready to paint dragon!
    Yay! I finally got up off mah butt and actually finished Mr. Dragon. Or Mrs Dragon. Or maybe Ms. Dragon. Anyways, I made a few alterations--got rid of his "sail" style fin and made the head bigger. I'm going to be putting some teeth in, but those will be made of Sculpey, not this type of clay, because sculpey is stronger. I'll probably be doing the same with the claws on his toes--this clay kept breaking when I got it that tiny and delicate.

Anyways, it's not completely dry yet, and I apologize for the quality of the photos...my hastily done "light box" was made of fail, and I didn't have decent lighting. I'll be sure to get something better once I paint it...

Also! Not the eyes. >_> Because I spent like half an hour on the eyes and made about 30 pairs of eyes before I was happy with them. So there's this little army of gold shiny eyes laying around now. :rofl:

OKAY SO. Pictures, FTW!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...63/dragon1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ragonback1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...onfrontal1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...onfrontal2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ragonhead2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ragonhead1.jpg

Soooo. Paint color has also been decided! Think green, gold, and red. Maybe a lil' purple. ;)
  • 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
    littleindiangirl
    Re: Almost ready to paint dragon!
    Awesome! You got a ton of talent, and it shows. I can't wait to see this guy all done, I like to see the updates. :gj:
  • 09-12-2009, 11:47 PM
    GoFride
    That is just incredible - can't wait to see what you do next!
  • 09-13-2009, 12:42 AM
    Soterios
    That looks flippin amazing.

My only suggestion (very humble) is that you round out the two parts of his tail. They look a bit kinked and unnatural.
  • 09-13-2009, 12:44 AM
    Spaniard
    Wow thats really fantastic, I'm a complete dragon nut and I love it. You did a great job with the face. Awesome!
  • 09-13-2009, 12:46 AM
    Seneschal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
    That looks flippin amazing.

My only suggestion (very humble) is that you round out the two parts of his tail. They look a bit kinked and unnatural.

Thanks everyone! <3

Yeah, I tried my best to fix that, but since this is in fact hollow, with a heavy armature of wire mesh, at the time I couldn't get it to bend very smoothly. You don't want to know how long it took me to get the arch in the back anywhere near graceful... >_> I know it looks kind of kinked. I don't think there's any way to fix it at this point, since that part is long-dried. But the next one, I'll be using a different wire for the armature, and I'll be able to make it more graceful. This is the first time I've done a sculpture like this, actually. *grin* But seriously--thank you for being honest about it!
  • 09-13-2009, 12:55 AM
    Soterios
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    Thanks everyone! <3

Yeah, I tried my best to fix that, but since this is in fact hollow, with a heavy armature of wire mesh, at the time I couldn't get it to bend very smoothly. You don't want to know how long it took me to get the arch in the back anywhere near graceful... >_> I know it looks kind of kinked. I don't think there's any way to fix it at this point, since that part is long-dried. But the next one, I'll be using a different wire for the armature, and I'll be able to make it more graceful. This is the first time I've done a sculpture like this, actually. *grin* But seriously--thank you for being honest about it!

You're welcome. I wasn't taking away from it's brilliance. (it really is) I just noticed it and figured that since you stared at it for long hours, maybe you glanced over it. Kind of like looking for the ketchup in the fridge when it's right in front of you. :rofl:

I'll tell you what. If you made a ball python like that, I certainly would be willing to pay for it. It looks amazing.
  • 09-13-2009, 12:58 AM
    Seneschal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
    You're welcome. I wasn't taking away from it's brilliance. (it really is) I just noticed it and figured that since you stared at it for long hours, maybe you glanced over it. Kind of like looking for the ketchup in the fridge when it's right in front of you. :rofl:

I'll tell you what. If you made a ball python like that, I certainly would be willing to pay for it. It looks amazing.

You're a flatterer! :) But thank you very much. <3 I did notice it. >_> It's actually been driving me insane. I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I don't like how the "mace" at the end of the tail came out, either. >_> It's supposed to be a bludgeoning weapon, but...lol.

I don't know that I'd make a good ball python! I would have to design a really fun pose for it. To make it more interesting. o_o I hadn't thought of doing a snake.
  • 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
    Elise.m
    Wow, that's awesome! About how long did it take to finish that?

That's too cool. I had a hard time making a bowl in Clay class! lol.
  • 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM
    dapike1979
    Sweet... It is coming along. Very Nice.:D