Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,161

1 members and 2,160 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,120
Threads: 248,561
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Luke50585

Craigslist snakes?

Printable View

• 05-08-2009, 03:12 AM
    thefnshow66
    Re: Craigslist snakes?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolo76 View Post
    Yeah, that was my original plan! :gj: Just thought I'd look around online too, so I have something to compare at the show... are the prices at reptile shows better than average?

Well from my experience. The prices at the shows are fair but if you WERE going to buy a snake at the show. Your best bet is to wait on the last day so you can possibly get a better price. I understand how you feel about wanting to hold and meet the snake before you buy it. That was one of my concerns when i started buying my collection but there aren't a lot of breeders around here. I've been fortunate enough that all the snakes I bought online have been great and the breeders have been wonderful to me. As someone said, as long as you do a bit of research on the breeder you might be buying from, you'll be okay on purchasing online if the Herp Show doesn't work out for you.
  • 05-08-2009, 03:20 AM
    Lolo76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Bad pictures - but it looks like a normal ball to me. :)

I thought so....... :rolleyes:
  • 05-08-2009, 05:16 AM
    rabernet
    I've gotten a few very nice animals from Craigslist, but it's few and far between. I happen to be picking one up tomorrow that's very nice.

Looks like you got a ton of great advice already! :)
  • 05-08-2009, 07:08 AM
    JenH
    I bought a small collection off craigslist and it was an awesome deal. Got a .1 mojave, 1. spider, 1. pastel and .4 normals - all adult. And he threw in the rack...

There are deals out there, just be picky. You can always walk away from the deal if it doesn't feel right...

Good luck!