Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,388

2 members and 3,386 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
    Seru1
    Reviews on Racks from Reptile basics?
    Thinking about getting the Sweaterbox Racks for my BP's. I heard they heat In such a way that the carry over brings the ambient temp up to 80?

Thats the main reason I want one. I don't own a snake room and I can be a challenge to heat both sides of a snake cage.

I am abit nervous about flexwatt as a fire hazard.

Any info you could share? Anyone have these?
  • 04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
    Adam Chandler
    Re: Reviews on Racks from Reptile basics?
    I'm up to 5 RBI racks now. I think they're great.

I have both the back heated and belly heated model's. I personally like the belly heat. My BPs in the belly heat seem to like to curl up on the warm spot over the tape after a meal. My BPs on the back heat crawl up against the back of the tub after the meals. The ones in the belly heat just seem to eat better so now I just buy the belly heat ones.

But anyway I am a big fan of the RBI racks. I would definitely recommend them.
  • 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
    Seru1
    So is it true that they raise the temperature to the other areas to 80 as well? What temp is the room you keep them in?

Thanks so much for your reply!
  • 04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
    Adam Chandler
    The room that racks are kept in is normally 70-75. My snake room is just a spare bedroom and is not tightly climate controlled. However it doesn't get any warmer than 75.

In the back heated model you have to mess with thermostat probe a bit to get it right(you can't put the probe right on the tape, you have to tape it a little bit off next to it) but I finally got it so that the ambient temperature in the back of the bin was 81 and the front of the tank is at about 77.

The back heated works fine, I just don't like seeing my bp's cramming themselves up against the back of the bin for extra heat.
  • 04-05-2010, 10:42 AM
    iCandiBallPythons
    Theyre great racks, I wouldnt spend my money anywhere else Rich has super fast turnaround times also.
  • 04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
    Adam Chandler
    ah I forgot to mention that. Good point though. Rich has always had very good turn around time on all of my orders. If you have any questions I'd reccomend calling him up. He is a good guy to deal with, always helpful.
  • 04-05-2010, 11:49 AM
    waltah!
    Love my RBI sweaterbox racks and Rich is great to work with.
  • 04-05-2010, 12:19 PM
    Beardedragon
    Ive had mine for over a year and they are all going strong. The only thing I did wrong with one of them was I accidently turned my space heater towards one of them while I was cleaning, and one side warped just a bit. For the safety of the rack and whats in them, keep heaters away!
  • 04-05-2010, 01:26 PM
    BOWSER11788
    Got 1, saving up 4 another. Great product, great guy, Supurb rack
  • 04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
    alohareptiles
    I have 4 and they are great...Plug and play, fast shipping, great customer service and they look good too...:gj::gj::gj: