Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Lesson for All *GRAPHIC*

Printable View

• 03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
    CherryPython
    Awh :'( I really really hope he gets better soon. Looks like his recovery is going well already, I don't have the option of live feeding, but I think I'd always feed f/t anyway. Good luck with making him all better and I hope he feeds okay next time :)
  • 03-14-2012, 09:00 PM
    smilin-buddha
    A friend leaves a piece or two of rat food in the tub. Glad it is healing better
  • 03-15-2012, 01:28 AM
    TheSnakeEye
    Re: Lesson for All *GRAPHIC*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    that_dc5,

I'd like to commend you on a job well done. That was a nasty looking wound and you have obviously gone above and beyond keeping it clean and treated. The fact that you have been able to avoid infection with this injury says a lot about your husbandry.

Thank you very much, that honestly means a lot. I have been cleaning his tub every day, and sometimes twice if he goes to the bathroom. Water bowl is washed daily, and I was religiously using betadine. Heat was even cranked up a little bit so I make sure he is nice and warm to keep his immune system up.
  • 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM
    Slim
    Re: Lesson for All *GRAPHIC*
    Quote:

Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    Thank you very much, that honestly means a lot. I have been cleaning his tub every day, and sometimes twice if he goes to the bathroom. Water bowl is washed daily, and I was religiously using betadine. Heat was even cranked up a little bit so I make sure he is nice and warm to keep his immune system up.

Sounds like a primer for what to do in a situation like this!
  • 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM
    TheSnakeEye
  • 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
    TheSnakeEye
    Just a quick update for those interested. He is doing great! So great I have tried pairing him up again and he's locked all 3 of my girls. His wounds don't look so deep anymore, the scabs actually look like the are being pushed to the top by the new skin underneath, which means they'll probably fall off soon. If and when they fall off, the wounds open up a little, I will make sure to separate him again and keep him nice and clean to prevent an infection. But for right now he is doing good and the wounds look like they are closing very well. He still hasn't eating, but I suspect it's because he's also in breeding mode so only time will tell.
  • 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM
    Rob
    Great to hear, nothing like some loving to get over old wounds!
  • 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
    CherryPython
    Really glad to hear he's on the mend :) :)
  • 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
    Slim
    Thank you for the update! I'm not suprised he's breeding so well, I hear Chicks dig scars! :D
  • 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Thank you for the update! I'm not suprised he's breeding so well, I hear Chicks dig scars! :D

Lmao