Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

0 members and 3,284 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99
  • 03-23-2015, 09:23 AM
    Bluebonnet Herp
    "Python Apocalypse Imminent: Humanity Likely Next"
  • 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    First casualty of the apocalypse: journalists :rolleyes:, apparently smart journalists have already gone extinct :rofl:
  • 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM
    xyzpdq75
    Re: "Python Apocalypse Imminent: Humanity Likely Next"
    how do they expect there to be 300,000 is they only caught 68 XD dosnt make any real sense lol
  • 03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
    bcr229
    I swear I thought this was an Onion article when I first read it.
  • 03-23-2015, 12:01 PM
    kitedemon
    speechless.
  • 03-23-2015, 12:06 PM
    Daigga
    My favorite part is how he defends himself in the comment section. He says in the article it's possible for the pythons to kill and eat humans, but down in the comments he clarifies that he's talking about children specifically (because everyone knows nothing currently living in the everglades could kill children [/sarcasm]). He's also blatantly refusing to listen to anyone he says is blinded by their affection for the snakes they keep or anyone who doesn't site a study directly defying the newest junk science he's based the entire article off of. Ridiculous fear mongering from start to finish.
  • 03-23-2015, 01:56 PM
    Mr Oni
    Way too awesome

Sent from MY MOM!
  • 03-23-2015, 03:43 PM
    anicatgirl
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:The map is hilarious. There is noooo way these snakes could live in like 95% of these places. Have you seen west Texas? Or Southern California? Desert snakes these must be!!!
  • 03-23-2015, 08:23 PM
    pbyeerts
    A friend of mine who has nothing to do with snakes, reported hearing about a new mega-Python breed: Burmese Pythons mating with Rock Pythons. Anybody else hear anything about this? Sounds kooky to me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 03-23-2015, 08:37 PM
    Daigga
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pbyeerts View Post
    A friend of mine who has nothing to do with snakes, reported hearing about a new mega-Python breed: Burmese Pythons mating with Rock Pythons. Anybody else hear anything about this? Sounds kooky to me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found this after a quick google search;

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...nt-snakes.html

More fear-mongering speculative drivel, which I would not have expected from national geographic. It makes a lot of assumptions and reads like a "what if" scenario gone wrong.

As far as if a hybrid actually does exist, I have no idea. All the google results are news articles along the same line, and the image results give me what look like burms and what I assume are rock pythons, but I'm not sure if any of these are actual crosses.