Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,352

4 members and 2,348 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici

RIP Duncan

Printable View

• 11-22-2019, 01:40 AM
    Dianne
    RIP Duncan
    I knew this day was coming sooner rather than later. She had gotten slower with age, she was 27, and gone off feed more often and longer than her norm over the past few months. But it seems it was a peaceful passing. She was slowly cruising her cage that morning as I left for the day, nothing out of her norm as she found a comfy spot to spend the day. I found her that evening curled under her heat panel (RIP 11/14/2019). I was fortunate to have my hissy grumpy girl longer than most. ❤️
  • 11-22-2019, 02:22 AM
    Reinz
    Sorry for your loss. :(

Glad you you were able to enjoy for so long.
  • 11-22-2019, 02:32 AM
    Bogertophis
    Sounds like she had a good long life, all in all...27 years is pretty good. Rest in peace :snake: Duncan.

Sorry for your loss, Dianne
  • 11-22-2019, 03:36 AM
    richardhind1972
    Re: RIP Duncan
    So sorry for your loss Diane
    27yrs that's a pretty amazing life he must of had with you

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  • 11-22-2019, 05:06 AM
    dakski
    RIP Duncan.

So sorry for your loss Dianne. My deepest condolences to you and my thoughts are with Duncan slithering across the Rainbow Bridge.

It's never easy losing an animal and I don't remember if you had Duncan the full 27 years, but if I recall, it was a long journey you had together.

Regardless, may your heart and mind be blessed with many happy memories. Find solace in the fact that Duncan went peacefully and you were an awesome Snarent to Duncan.

I hate this part about keeping animals. It hurts so much when we lose them, but I know, as I am sure you do, that time helps bring out the happy reminiscences. As the wound of losing an animal heals, the ability to honor them and think of them calmly and fondly, not just fondly, returns.

I wish you the best in this healing process.
  • 11-22-2019, 12:10 PM
    Gio
    That's a good run! 27 years.

You did an excellent job with the care you provided.

Sending you positive vibes and my sympathies.
  • 11-22-2019, 01:28 PM
    Sonny1318
    Sorry to hear of your loss. It’s funny how we can get so attached. Godspeed.
  • 11-22-2019, 02:11 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Sending my condolences your way. 27 years is a great life, and I hope you look back fondly at all those years. Huge props to you for having Duncan so long. I'm sure she'll be missed. Rest in Peace, sweet snake.
  • 11-22-2019, 09:11 PM
    WrongPython
    My condolences for your loss, losing an animal is never easy. If you need to talk, I'm here.

Twenty-seven years is a good, full life for a boa. You did a great job with her. It's heartening to see someone care for their snakes so well and for so long.

Rest in peace, Duncan.
  • 11-23-2019, 02:41 PM
    Dianne
    For those that wondered, I had her for 26 of her 27 years. An ex-boyfriend bought her because I was into snakes. 🙄 He kept her most of her first year, then gave her to me. Back then we mistakenly thought she was a he. By the time I knew different, I was used to calling her Duncan, so the name stuck. 😁

She has always been my most talkative grumpy girl. Hissed almost every time I touched her or took her out. That said, she only bit me once or twice and that was in the first couple of years. I’m definitely going to miss her.