Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,166

0 members and 3,166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

zacharynay (18)

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,553
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot

Scaleless Ball Pythons?!

Printable View

• 09-19-2013, 01:53 PM
    RoseyReps
    Re: Scaleless Ball Pythons?!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickys_Reptiles View Post
    I also remember the Derma having a multitude of health issues.

These Scaleless BPs that Brian has produced - well I guess we'll see. Hopefully their skin is think enough. This reminds me of Silk back Bearded Dragons. They look awesome, but their skin is so thin that it literally rips and tears leaving the animals in excruciating pain.

Yea, the silkies have some issues for sure. Females can't be bred safely due to the males "love bites" and claws. Perhaps because of the lack of interaction with breeding bps (no biting/claws) and the fact they don't "bask" there won't be many issues. Aside from never being able to feed them live for fear of scratches/bites...

It will be very interesting to see how they progress.
  • 09-19-2013, 02:13 PM
    Robyn@SYR
    This is a game changer.

Congrats to Brian and BHB for their perseverance and intuition on pursuing the project!
  • 09-19-2013, 02:22 PM
    Ridinandreptiles
    There has been scaleless corn snakes around for awhile, do they have skin or stretching issues?
  • 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM
    Crazygecko
    This is without a doubt the biggest thing to hit ball pythons in years as long as there aren't any complications. Cant wait to see what these look like when mixed with some of the crazy morphs we have out there.
  • 09-19-2013, 03:48 PM
    MrLang
    It is awesome, but I hope that any health implications are not downplayed for the sake of entertainment/$$.
  • 09-19-2013, 03:59 PM
    Neal
    I'm just simply stating that I'm not going to pay attention to the thread because it'll be out of my price range for quite awhile. I wouldn't mind getting one once it comes down to my price range though. Very nice looking.
  • 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM
    ATTFighter
    how much do they cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I'm just simply stating that I'm not going to pay attention to the thread because it'll be out of my price range for quite awhile. I wouldn't mind getting one once it comes down to my price range though. Very nice looking.

• 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTFighter View Post
    how much do they cost?

Well I can almost guarantee you with it not being very common right now, it's probably well over $1,000 which is out of my price range. A full scaleless would even be more I'd assume.
  • 09-19-2013, 04:31 PM
    Neal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    Yea, the silkies have some issues for sure. Females can't be bred safely due to the males "love bites" and claws. Perhaps because of the lack of interaction with breeding bps (no biting/claws) and the fact they don't "bask" there won't be many issues. Aside from never being able to feed them live for fear of scratches/bites...

It will be very interesting to see how they progress.

Hey, I guess mites wouldn't be a problem either? lol.
  • 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM
    RoseyReps
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Well I can almost guarantee you with it not being very common right now, it's probably well over $1,000 which is out of my price range. A full scaleless would even be more I'd assume.

Yea, I would imagine this is more like second mortgage price range. 75k-100k+