Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,876

3 members and 2,873 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Which is your favorite?

Printable View

• 01-22-2007, 02:05 PM
    CeraDigital
    Which is your favorite?
    Just curious as to which giant is everyones favorite and why? Do you own any, and how many? C'mon everyone...I know there has to be more giant keepers than I've seen so far...:P
  • 01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
    basuca
    Re: Which is your favorite?
    I dont keep any giant but if I can it will be a purple albino retic and a srub python
  • 01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
    CeraDigital
    Ameys are nice! I would like to get into them if I can find someone producing some nice Barnecks.

...And that last option meant to read Boids, not Boas lol. If any of the Mods can correct that, that would be nice:D
  • 01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
    Rapture
    Would B.C. longicauda count?
  • 01-22-2007, 03:27 PM
    Laooda
    I LOVE albino Retics... if I EVER got a giant, that would be the one!:sunny:
  • 01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
    monk90222
    I'd love to have an albino Burm...but in reality it is too much for me....
  • 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM
    Python-77
    Burmese are my favorite normal Giant, but that tiger retic is my absolute favorite.
  • 01-22-2007, 04:49 PM
    firehop
    My Burm, George is my favorite snake of all that I own. He is so calm and he loves people and just hanging around. He has even done a photo shoot with a model, Which he was great for.
  • 01-22-2007, 05:34 PM
    CeraDigital
    Wow, I'm the only person who's most favorite giant is the AfRock so far??:P
  • 01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
    steveo
    oops it was a toss up between burms and Amethystine meant to vote for burm instead of the amethystine , as i have fond memories of my mates burm tarzan she was a beast but gentle as a lamb :rockon:
  • 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM
    Laooda
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Laooda
    I LOVE albino Retics... if I EVER got a giant, that would be the one!:sunny:

Kara must have peeped this! :oops: Thanks again... :worship:
  • 01-25-2007, 12:06 PM
    stangs13
    Reticulated pythons are like my favorite snakes ever. Closely followed by Cornsnakes, and kind of 'conda, and ball pythons. Not in that order of coarse.;)

EDIT- My bad, I didn't notice this thread was old. I htouhgt it was new.:oops:
  • 01-25-2007, 12:07 PM
    Binx
    I love Burms! When I was MUCH younger (Like 7 or so) my unlce gave me a Burm because I wanted to start have snakes just like him (I'm talking like 10 retics at a time this man had) I loved this thing but since I was younger the whole rat killing thing put me off a bit. I had him for a while but my mom said no more because she was the one who had to feed it. I want one day to own a Burm again. I just don't have enough space right now to accomidate the big guy.
  • 01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
    Thunder Kat
    The choice was HARD but I went with yellow anaconda. I don't have one yet I have to wait for the "little" guy to be born. My second choice would be a tiger retic.
  • 01-25-2007, 10:11 PM
    uro1001
    well... my one afrock is my favorite although hes only 9 1/2 feet now so no"giant" yet. i have to many burms and all have there own personality but they come in close second followed by retics. in dead last are my evil condas(the nicer one isnt in last lol) hehe:)
  • 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
    SPJ
    My favorite are olives but you don't have a choice for "other large python".:D
  • 01-26-2007, 12:31 AM
    _BoidFinatic_
    In order:
    1. afrock
    2. retic
    3. burm
    4. yellow annie
    5. amethystine
  • 02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
    jcp
    Hi

i vote Morelia amethistina..Because i'm addicted to Morelia :P and you must have this one

Gr stijn
  • 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
    johnsgirl128
    Quote:

Originally Posted by firehop
    My Burm, George is my favorite snake of all that I own. He is so calm and he loves people and just hanging around. He has even done a photo shoot with a model, Which he was great for.

I was flipping through a magizine the other day and saw an ad for something and the model had a burm going down her leg that wouldn't happen to be your george would it?
  • 02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
    firehop
    Depends what was it for?
  • 02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
    johnsgirl128
    Thats the part thats killing me I cant remember but I know it was the model and the snake I want to say nail polish or somethign of that nature
  • 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM
    firehop
    I dont think so, this was for a calander shoot.
  • 02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
    Snakeman
    i dont have any giant snakes,but i went with green anacondas because they're the biggest and...idk...i just do like them!!:D
  • 02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
    jason221
    I voted for a burmese python, but in reality, probably the biggest snake I'll ever own is a Hogg Island/BCI/BCC boa.
  • 02-11-2007, 03:08 AM
    sweety314
    I've always wanted an albino burm, but don't have the ROOM or the experience (yet) ;).

Once I've moved up in the world to the giants, and have the ROOM, my goals are an albino burm, and a lavendar albino retic. I JUST got a SD retic and tomorrow we'll see if he'll eat. :thumbsup:

Maybe after looking at some diff. specimens alongside each other...I MAY look at the annies. But for now, the anaconda just doesn't flick my Bic.

R
  • 02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
    AzureN1ght
    It's all about the eyes--and Retics take the cake for me!
  • 02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
    Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    I like afrocks but after helping a rescue afrock out, I am no longer a big fan!! OUCH lmao
    I have to say "other boas" and it would be my B.c.i.
  • 02-14-2007, 01:46 AM
    Brandon.O
    Retic's without a doubt !

I think they look so fierce,strong and beautiful....they are definily the best looking giants.
  • 02-15-2007, 08:38 PM
    kellysballs
    I dont know which one to pick because my fav is a retic/burm. I have seen them and heard them refered to as borneo bat eaters. I love them
    I know they are not natural but they are beautiful.
  • 02-19-2007, 12:50 AM
    daniel1983
    I voted 'other'.......IMO....Coastal Carpet Pythons are 'giants'....12' plus is my way of characterizing a giant and they have the potential :)
  • 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
    Sausage
    I had to go with good ole' burms.
    I don't have one, but I have been around many and I love 'em. :love: I'd love to get one when I have more time/money/space.
  • 02-21-2007, 01:59 AM
    SPJ
    No one picked Boelens. Those are incredible looking giants.
  • 02-22-2007, 03:18 AM
    CeraDigital
    Rescues act differently than healthy specimens ;) I've been through my share of incidents with AfRocks, and all its done is made me appreciate owning them and being able to work with this magnificent species.:sunny:

Boelens are awesome snakes. I've been trying to hunt down a nice pair for a while, and give a shot at keeping them, and possibly breeding them.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pork Chops N' Corn Bread
    I like afrocks but after helping a rescue afrock out, I am no longer a big fan!! OUCH lmao
    I have to say "other boas" and it would be my B.c.i.

• 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
    ECLARK
    Andrew, Good luck breeding Boelens! :rolleyes:
  • 04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
    cassandra
  • 06-01-2007, 11:57 PM
    sweety314
    Can we choose more than one????? Huh? Huh???
  • 06-02-2007, 01:17 AM
    Snake_Eyes
    Tiger retic.
  • 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
    kellysballs
    I know it's a hybrid but the borneo bat eaters are my absolute fav! I cant get over how awesome they look! If I kept giants this would be my choice!
  • 06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
    Sasquatch Art
    I only have one giant and that is a Burmese and he is amazing. I love that guy so much. It kills me to resist buying other giants. But I know until I get on my feet I just have to wait..

But as for other giants Retic and Anacondas are beautiful..But then aren't they all.. :P
  • 08-17-2007, 01:51 AM
    Krazy99CL
    I would love to have a granite burmese python. they are so hot!
    Something like this. Only if someone had super dwarf burms. :worship:

Click for picture.

*Hope they dont mind the pic reference. Please delete if necessary.*
  • 08-19-2007, 01:03 AM
    anthrpicdecadnce
    i love the way retics look. One day, wehn i've gained enough EXP, i'll own a nice female....
  • 08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
    Krazy99CL
    *thanks dr del.*

Retics are my 2nd fav. in giants. So many colors and morphs...

Now only if they didnt grow more than 5'. Ill be all over these giants! :taz:
  • 08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
    Skullkid
    The first giant i've ever seen was a burm, and i thought it was the coolest creature in the world. Not only are they my favorite giant, but if i could get any snake i'd probably choose a burmese python.
  • 08-21-2007, 12:36 PM
    Kara
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anthrpicdecadnce
    i love the way retics look. One day, wehn i've gained enough EXP, i'll own a nice female....

Not unless you move out of MA - they're illegal.
  • 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM
    Snake Dave
    I'd love to own a Burm someday, an albino one. When I have the money and experience that is lol.
  • 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
    K80tik
    LOVE my albino burm to death... really are the "gentle giants" at 7 ft she still intimidates me but she's really awesome. sometimes she does that.. i smell food for a second, taste the air, move head real fast, turn around, S up then rests her head back on the ground :P.
  • 10-20-2007, 01:35 AM
    Flirtycuddle
    I just got a blotched granite burmese and the minute I saw her I wanted her. Had to save the money and when I had the cash she came home. She is a sweet heart so far except for tonight which is feeding night and shes in shed lol. I shoulda known better but she just striked out not hiting me.
  • 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
    Jay_Bunny
    I clicked other giant boas but its really a python. (its not included in the list)

I love the olive python. Not sure if thats really considered a giant but I love it still. Definatly will be what I get if I end up getting a large snake years down the road. :D
  • 11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
    morti
    I voted Other because you just can't beat a Papuan Python! :)
  • 02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
    Ophiuchus
    Retics are the coolest.