Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

2 members and 3,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

my new bull snake

Printable View

• 01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
    cmack91
    my new bull snake
    i got this guy at the pertland show yesterday, i was gonna wit a while to get pics of him, but decided i would grab a couple today, when i pulled his tub out, he rattled his tail against the wall, it was really cool, made me jump when i first heard it but once i realized it was him i just laughed, anyway heres a couple of pics, hes a white sided bull snake
    http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0425.jpg
    http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMAG0426.jpg

also, is this a locality or subspecies, or is it a morph or what? anyone have any info on that?
  • 01-22-2012, 04:48 PM
    VEXER19
    Cool snake cody. What mde you go with yet another type of snake?
  • 01-22-2012, 04:54 PM
    TheWinWizard
    Real nice looking. Good luck with him.
  • 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
    benwallage9
    Very cool I've always wanted one because I grew up catching them... Can you tell me how much he was? Also I'm pretty sure white sided is a morph don't quote me on that tho
  • 01-22-2012, 04:59 PM
    VEXER19
    I just googled it and found a morph list for the bull snake and whitesided is one of them.

To add over half the morphs were whitesided so there was that by itself and albino whitesided and a lot of other whitesided morphs on the list. So I'm. Not sure what it is I will look more though.
  • 01-22-2012, 05:12 PM
    VEXER19
    It is a single gene morph. Found it on spsnakes.com/snakes.htm
  • 01-22-2012, 05:16 PM
    cmack91
    Re: my new bull snake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VEXER19 View Post
    Cool snake cody. What mde you go with yet another type of snake?....I just googled it and found a morph list for the bull snake and whitesided is one of them.

To add over half the morphs were whitesided so there was that by itself and albino whitesided and a lot of other whitesided morphs on the list. So I'm. Not sure what it is I will look more though.

so it is a morph, thanks, i tried doing some research but didnt get anywhere with that. the reason i got him was i wanted to get either an anery motley corn, or a banded cal king, so i was going from table to table to find the nicest one, with some good size, and then i saw this guy. ive wanted a pituophis for some time now, and this guy is beautiful, so i figured i'd snatch him up before i missed my chance.

to me, i love all the different morphs in BP's, but when it comes to satisfaction of owning, colubrids have always been at the top. theres just so many species and tons of variety and different personalities and i want them all lol. im still quite new to them though so im still learning about alot of them, and this is only my third, but ive been happy with all of them

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWinWizard View Post
    Real nice looking. Good luck with him.

thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benwallage9 View Post
    Very cool I've always wanted one because I grew up catching them... Can you tell me how much he was? Also I'm pretty sure white sided is a morph don't quote me on that tho

he was listed as 30, but i offered 20 as the place was closing and he said yes
  • 01-22-2012, 05:22 PM
    VEXER19
    I read up and bull snakes can be mellow or super aggressive. They say that they calm down the molre you handle them as they get older though. So have fun figuring out what personality you got on your hands...lol
  • 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
    cmack91
    thanks, so far hes been great, yesterday he didnt show a single sign of aggression, and today all he did was rattle his tail, but no hissing. in a couple months i'll have a good idea of "who he is" though
  • 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
    cmack91
    and since hes a morph, is there any way someone can give me more info, like what kind of bull is he exactly? im guessing i would need more/ better pictures, but anything you could add is appreciated