Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,354

2 members and 3,352 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Feeding frequency

Printable View

• 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM
    BatRider77
    Feeding frequency
    Hello all,

I'm new here and new to BP's. I've ben reading as any care sheets etc and forums as I can and I haven't seen an answer to the question I have.
    When I got my BP I was told he was eating 2 small mice every 10 days. He's about 200 grams. When I went to get feeders the smallest they had were pretty much full grown. Girth wise they were fine but rather than over feed him I decided to feed one mouse and try him again in a few days. 4 days later he aggressively took another mouse.

So, my question is....wouldn't that be a more natural feeding routine? In the wild they would likely find one prey item at a time and maybe another a few nights later.

Does anyone use a schedule like this or have any idea of benefits or drawbacks?

Thanks for any help or advise!
  • 11-21-2014, 10:12 PM
    Rob
    Re: Feeding frequency
    When they are small an appropriate sized meal every five days is ideal. Then eventually bump it to once a week.
  • 11-21-2014, 10:30 PM
    JakesSnake
    Feeding Schedule
    A local breeder told me to keep my BP on a once a week schedule and if feeding it more than one mouse at a time then go up to the next size of mouse.http://ball-pythons.net/forums/image...lxevlTy3lo.gif