Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

2 members and 3,199 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
  • 04-10-2022, 11:17 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Gardening season is coming up! [emoji271]
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagrio View Post
    My mother's been having an early garden growing inside for the past month or so, and today I assisted her set up a homemade strawberry barrel. Well, it's actually a plastic laundry hamper since we tried an actual barrel a few years ago and it didn't do well so we'll see how this goes.

I hope it goes well- strawberries are YUM!
  • 06-18-2022, 11:42 AM
    YungRasputin
    i love gardening and i have 2 projects for the summer and the fall which is a) i would really like to get a good outdoor flower garden started, thinking a mix of African wild flowers or something like that and b) i want to rebuild the bonsai forest that i had several years ago before my former roommates cats destroyed/ate them all - have also considered getting into chili peppers
  • 06-18-2022, 12:04 PM
    Homebody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YungRasputin View Post
    b) i want to rebuild the bonsai forest that i had several years ago before my former roommates cats destroyed/ate them all - have also considered getting into chili peppers

A very cat-safe option.:D
  • 06-18-2022, 01:21 PM
    Caitlin
    After getting sick of dealing with drought conditions and water restrictions in my region, I ripped out my entire front and back yard, killed my lawn including the areas where I used to garden, and did 'water wise' landscaping instead. I'm SO glad I did it - I find it so much more beautiful than boring lawns; it's been glorious with color and texture in every season and I planted to attract pollinators so have been enjoying my bee, butterfly and moth friends.

I still do some container gardening on my back deck, though - and have strawberries, summer squash, lettuce, arugula, cherry and roma tomatoes, and a dwarf peach tree. I won't lie - I have been enjoying having a smaller 'garden' to deal with and find container gardening simpler overall in a lot of ways.
  • 06-18-2022, 01:26 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    After getting sick of dealing with drought conditions and water restrictions in my region, I ripped out my entire front and back yard, killed my lawn including the areas where I used to garden, and did 'water wise' landscaping instead. I'm SO glad I did it - I find it so much more beautiful than boring lawns; it's been glorious with color and texture in every season and I planted to attract pollinators so have been enjoying my bee, butterfly and moth friends.

I still do some container gardening on my back deck, though - and have strawberries, summer squash, lettuce, arugula, cherry and roma tomatoes, and a dwarf peach tree. I won't lie - I have been enjoying having a smaller 'garden' to deal with and find container gardening simpler overall in a lot of ways.

Sounds to me like you made all the right changes. :gj: Way to go!