Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

3 members and 3,161 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Feeding

Printable View

• 12-25-2023, 07:19 PM
    nvmycj
    Re: Feeding
    well,...

obviously i don't know how to post pics! :mad::mad:
  • 12-25-2023, 07:53 PM
    Ruby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nvmycj View Post
    well,...

obviously i don't know how to post pics! :mad::mad:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Post-Pictures
    How to post pictures :)
  • 12-25-2023, 08:47 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nvmycj View Post
    HE ATE!!!...

I thawed the baby rat in warm water for about 20 minutes. Then used my wife’s hairdryer to dry/heat it up some more like you suggested. (My wife was like, “what the hell are you doing with my hair dryer!?!” Needless to say, I used tongs wiggling and teasing Soupy IN HIS ENCLOSURE (😊😊) near his hide’s opening. He came out, very inquisitive and didn’t seem interested, until he coiled up and WHAM! Done deal! Scared the 💩 out of me! So fingers crossed, we’ll do the same thing next week or so.

thanks again for your help! Loved to hair dryer recommendation!

Congratulations! You're very welcome! And now you know he won't insist on mice only, as some BPs do, as long as they're prepared & offered correctly. It's a GREAT feeling when you get this right, eh? :dance::dance::dance: Snakes are fun to feed, & yeah, they sure can make you jump! :rofl: Just tell your wife that your snake only likes rats with stylish hair-dos...:D
  • 12-25-2023, 09:33 PM
    nvmycj
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Congratulations! You're very welcome! And now you know he won't insist on mice only, as some BPs do, as long as they're prepared & offered correctly. It's a GREAT feeling when you get this right, eh? :dance::dance::dance: Snakes are fun to feed, & yeah, they sure can make you jump! :rofl: Just tell your wife that your snake only likes rats with stylish hair-dos...:D

it’s a great feeling! So proud of the little guy!!

I LAUGHED SO HARD to your stylish hair-do comment!!
  • 12-25-2023, 09:35 PM
    nvmycj
    Thank you Ruby for the link!
  • 12-25-2023, 10:55 PM
    nvmycj
  • 12-26-2023, 12:02 AM
    Bogertophis
    :gj: You nailed it again! Must be a holiday...? Good snake! He's got the hang of it- you taught him well. :D
  • 12-26-2023, 12:16 AM
    BeansTheDerp
    My bp is SOOO picky that he won't eat if his food is wet... He's a diva when it comes to mess and some other things. He won't even go anywhere near his feces when he goes to the bathroom, which I'm not complaining about that... :rolleyes:

(This in response to the ziplock bag question, I always forget to click reply with quote instead of just reply)
  • 12-26-2023, 12:19 AM
    BeansTheDerp
    Your snake is adorable, and I'm sure your snake also enjoyed that tasty meal! :D
    I'm so glad you got him to eat! The process and struggle of getting them to eat is very rewarding once they do.
  • 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeansTheDerp View Post
    My bp is SOOO picky that he won't eat if his food is wet... He's a diva when it comes to mess and some other things. He won't even go anywhere near his feces when he goes to the bathroom, which I'm not complaining about that... :rolleyes:

(This in response to the ziplock bag question, I always forget to click reply with quote instead of just reply)

Just let the food thaw naturally in the room where the snake is kept .. the aroma will get his attention THEN when thawed you give the rats head a good blast with a hairdryer ( plugged in next to the viv) then offer the rat instantly whilst still WARM !!

Don’t blink !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk