Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,283

0 members and 1,283 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,578
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Starting a Website

Printable View

• 01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
    jfreels
    Re: Starting a Website
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jarradw View Post
    Thank you I completely forgot to mention backups as I usually do that myself via FTP and scripts. I am not very trusting, been burnt too many times :)

You and me both! I have been using Dreamhost for over 10 years and have grown to trust their backup system. I still use SVN on my local server for anything a client pays me for, just in case ;) And that's in a virtual environment (paranoid to the extreme) which gets backed up onto a separate hard drive.
  • 01-07-2011, 03:56 PM
    jarradw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfreels View Post
    You and me both! I have been using Dreamhost for over 10 years and have grown to trust their backup system. I still use SVN on my local server for anything a client pays me for, just in case ;) And that's in a virtual environment (paranoid to the extreme) which gets backed up onto a separate hard drive.

I like your style :) Side note know I dont feel like I am the only one who backs up my backups' backup :banana:
  • 01-07-2011, 06:48 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    I would be going through Paypal for online transactions. Would it be worth it to go ahead and get the Premium through Go Daddy? I'd have all the space I could want and its only $8 a month. That is less than what I'd pay to have Netflix.

If you want to pay for premium it's fine but I can assure you that in 4 years of hosting my own site even with the content I have (which includes lots of pictures) I still have lots of space unused and I only have the lowest hosting service for my site. ;)

I would start with the smallest plan and upgrade if necessary however I doubt you will need to upgrade.
  • 01-07-2011, 07:30 PM
    Jay_Bunny
    Oh. I was looking at them and thought when it said 5 pages it means you only get five pages on your site. Does it mean something else?
  • 01-07-2011, 07:40 PM
    jbean7916
    I work for Deluxe and we offer web design, logo design, hosting and also internet marketing for small businesses. I'm not sure on pricing but I can check it out monday. It's a great option for people that don't have the time or resources to do it on their own

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk
  • 01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Oh. I was looking at them and thought when it said 5 pages it means you only get five pages on your site. Does it mean something else?

I am not talking about their 5 pages deal but their economy plan http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-h...dplink&ci=9009 which is compatible with Wordpress.
  • 01-07-2011, 08:49 PM
    jarradw
    Quote:

The 5 pages refers to a specific template. You can always add more later on, it just may not be in the template.
  • 01-08-2011, 03:31 AM
    Epona142
    I design websites and also offer hosting packages ;)

LOL. If it gets too much for you, feel free to PM me.

Otherwise, good luck! Web design is a ton of fun
  • 01-08-2011, 09:40 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    I'd like to remind you that advertising should be kept out of the main forum and either be in the for sale forum or taken to PM

Thanks
  • 01-08-2011, 11:14 AM
    Herp_Herp_hooray
    We used yahoo site builder. It is easy and looks pretty good too!!!