Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,189

1 members and 3,188 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
    reptile_republic
    How long will i wait to cut my ball pthon egg
    when can i cut my ball python egg? how many days should I wait? I just saw in youtube the advantage of cutting the egg.
  • 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM
    J.Vandegrift
    There is no advantage to cutting your eggs aside from allowing you to see what you have. The day that you are able to cut all depends on the temp that you are incubating at.
  • 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
    Xan Powers
    if you do decide to cut your eggs rather than let the snakes pip their own the general rule of thumb from what I've read and heard is cut once the first egg has pipped naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Xan Powers!
  • 02-03-2011, 06:47 PM
    seeya205
    Personally, I would not cut but if you do, I would say no earlier than day 60 at 89 degrees to be safe!
  • 02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
    mdjudson
    day 56
  • 02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
    SlitherinSisters
    Like someone else said, it depends on your temps. I would just wait until the first one pips. It is true that really the only advantage of cutting them is to see what you have. Some people have said their babies didn't have the egg tooth, or didn't know how to get out, but I'm betting that is fairly uncommon. My clutch last year was a disaster, just about everything that could go wrong with them did, but they all had their egg tooth. I plan to cut after the first one pips.
  • 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
    BAD Morphs
    I don't wanna burst anyones bubble but the earliest I have cut before was day 29. Now granted it was just a small V just to see if I hit albino's or not but in any case they all hatched out just fine and had no problems! Infact they were all killer feeders! But I wouldn't recommend it to someone who A. this is their first year or B. isn't confident in what they are doing or is afraid they may "screw" up. I may have been lucky but then again I cut the 6 other clutches I had early too. Not at day 29 but more like 35-40. Guess I was just impatient.
  • 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
    RichsBallPythons
    Re: How long will i wait to cut my ball pthon egg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD Morphs View Post
    I don't wanna burst anyones bubble but the earliest I have cut before was day 29. Now granted it was just a small V just to see if I hit albino's or not but in any case they all hatched out just fine and had no problems! Infact they were all killer feeders! But I wouldn't recommend it to someone who A. this is their first year or B. isn't confident in what they are doing or is afraid they may "screw" up. I may have been lucky but then again I cut the 6 other clutches I had early too. Not at day 39 but more like 35-40. Guess I was just impatient.

:colbert::colbert::colbert:
  • 02-03-2011, 11:13 PM
    BAD Morphs
    Re: How long will i wait to cut my ball pthon egg
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
    :colbert::colbert::colbert:

Speak for yourself lol
  • 02-03-2011, 11:28 PM
    Subdriven
    I did 53 last year.. but only because I was so impatient and I cut to much and it made a mess of things, egg goo eveywhere and looked like it was starting to mold and kept having to remove the top layer... nasty.... Won't be do that again.