Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,839

3 members and 2,836 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,102
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Geezy99

Ball Python Egg Bound

Printable View

• 04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
    jglass38
    Re: Ball Python Egg Bound
    Another fine effort by the bp.net community. That is what this site is all about. Putting aside all the other crap and helping people out! Ed, Tim, Jo and Becky, fantastic job by all of you with information and moral support!! You guys and girls all rock!!

Faith, I am glad everything worked out and your girl is recovering. Best of luck!
  • 07-30-2010, 04:51 PM
    freakystyle
    Hi I am a new member and after visiting this website I found the story about your python. It was so heart felt to me, I have had trouble with with my own python before and am so glad yours made it through this ordeal. My best wishes to you both!:)
  • 07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by freakystyle View Post
    Hi I am a new member and after visiting this website I found the story about your python. It was so heart felt to me, I have had trouble with with my own python before and am so glad yours made it through this ordeal. My best wishes to you both!:)

It's a 3 years old thread :rolleyes:
  • 07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
    anatess
    Hey Deb, do you know if the 4 eggs hatched out fine? Also did Bertha ever breed again?
    This is an awesome story.
  • 08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
    appygirl84
    http://www.constrictors.com/forums/s...ld-This-Happen

About a snake they've owned for 25 years that laid eggs. Can you imagine that surprise. I am very sorry to hear about you girl. Even though there aren't any other reptile vets near you, driving an hour or two to see another one will probably be worth it. You could always call first to see if they can aspirate the eggs before you make the drive out.

Good luck, I hope you don't loose your girl.
  • 08-01-2010, 03:20 AM
    Matt K
    Quote:

Originally Posted by appygirl84 View Post
    http://www.constrictors.com/forums/s...ld-This-Happen

About a snake they've owned for 25 years that laid eggs. Can you imagine that surprise. I am very sorry to hear about you girl. Even though there aren't any other reptile vets near you, driving an hour or two to see another one will probably be worth it. You could always call first to see if they can aspirate the eggs before you make the drive out.

Good luck, I hope you don't loose your girl.

That's nuts. Keep us updated on this, this is sort of a big deal.

Cheers,
    -Matt
  • 07-26-2011, 09:10 PM
    FINGAZZ
    im going through the same exact thing right now...she has a egg the wont come out.i got one egg out and she has 2 left and one just seems realy big and im soaking her as we speak for the 3rd time today.i need to get it out of her so i can get the next one and she can be at peace.the vet just want money and realy offer no help maybe because he knows hes the only one around me.any help other then whats been mentioned?:please::mad::(:confused:
  • 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
    dr del
    Lets see,

The vet can administer fluids directly to the snake, the vet can administer muscle relaxants to the snake, the vet can (hopefully ) feel if he is about to tear the oviduct because it has become twisted in the period she has been trying to lay, the vet can, in needed, actually perform an operation that can remove the eggs directly from the oviduct rather than having to rely on it getting to the vent.

You can ......?

Take the snake to a good reptile vet - I gave you a list of them in the other thread. Get a local vet to do a phone consult with one of them if there are none near you.

This is what rescuing an animal usually entails - expensive vet visits.

dr del