Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,931

2 members and 1,929 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
    aimin4strz
    no we did not try to remove them. about a week ago, a reptile convention was in town and we had someone there who had a booth and was selling snakes remove to previous eye caps that were still stuck. she had bin fine ever since until today
  • 02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
    Domepiece
    Re: take 2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aimin4strz View Post

Huh, thats wierd, never seen that before:confused:If I were to venture a guess I would say that the scale over the eye was removed or it is infected somehow. Hope you get it figured out, Good Luck.
  • 02-19-2012, 02:02 PM
    aimin4strz
    Re: Help... BP has her right eye is bulging
    [IMG]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/...z/SAM_2367.jpg[/IMG]

This is what her eye looks like now after I had her a a tub with about an inch of water. This is also what she first looked like when we took her out.

If I keep her in her normal tank, it looks like her eye start to dry up and some of the bulging goes down but I dnt know if I want her eye to dry out. I live in boise, idaho to repitile vets that are open on a sunday are not an option.

Should I let her eyes dry put while she is in her tank or not? Her humitity is about 45% currently but usually it is around 35%.
  • 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
    dr del
    Owwww,

Both her eyes are so swollen. :(

Are there any signs of infection or blockages in the top of her mouth?

But that is most definitely in need of a good reptile vet.

Did you add anything to the water or anything when you soaked her?

dr del
  • 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM
    Lucky lep
    I would personally Get the humidity to about 50% where its suppose to be and keep her on paper towels super clean and leave her be. Call a vet FIRST THING IN THE MORNING....
  • 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
    heathers*bps
    Wow, I haven't seen anything like that as well. Maybe up your humidity, leave her cage completely sterile ( only water bowl with paper towels or newspaper substrate ) and call the vet as soon as you possibly can. Please keep us updated :(
  • 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
    heathers*bps
    Oh, I'd also suggest to stop soaking her, and just let her be.
  • 02-19-2012, 04:01 PM
    Skittles1101
    Oh my god that poor baby! :tears: If I saw my snakes like that I'd be dishing out the extra money to pay for an emergency vet clinic. Remember, tomorrow is a holiday and I don't see normal vets being open then either. I hope she pulls through alright, looks like a pretty bad infection to me. :tears::tears::tears:
  • 02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
    aimin4strz
    Here are the answers to questions posted:

We did not add anything to the water, just half a log for her to rest on. During the night she did crap in the water.

She is not soaking anymore and has not been for awhile.

We are cleaning out everything in her tank except for her water dish and paper towels for bedding.

As of for good repitile vet... We live in boise, Idaho and have been able to find anyone that will be open before tuesday.

From what I have found, it sounds like she might have a clogged nasolacrimal duct (s). Does anyone know how I would check for this?
  • 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
    aimin4strz
    Last part I forgot to answer. The fluid that seems to be pushing her eyes out seems to be clear. It is not cloudy or yellow. Last night her eyes were completely normal or at least seemed to be. I do not think she can currently see anything out of either eye.