Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,164

2 members and 3,162 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 06-17-2006, 03:49 AM
    MedusasOwl
    Re: How to become FedEx Certified to ship reptiles....
    Question: What's the difference between a personal and a buisness account with FedEx, and does it matter which one you set up in relation to reptile shipping? Also, does anyone know if I can change it to a buisness account later when I have more of my ducks in a row (aka am a "listed" buisness?), or should I just ask the account manager that when I call?

I plan on getting that all done next week, and I've got all the animal care/customer service stuff down, it's just the technical paperwork details that are throwing me a bit. Good thing Karen's going to school for an accounting degree, lol. :rolleyes:
  • 06-17-2006, 07:28 AM
    jglass38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MedusasOwl
    Question: What's the difference between a personal and a buisness account with FedEx, and does it matter which one you set up in relation to reptile shipping? Also, does anyone know if I can change it to a buisness account later when I have more of my ducks in a row (aka am a "listed" buisness?), or should I just ask the account manager that when I call?

I plan on getting that all done next week, and I've got all the animal care/customer service stuff down, it's just the technical paperwork details that are throwing me a bit. Good thing Karen's going to school for an accounting degree, lol. :rolleyes:

Just set it up as a business account. First off, they don't ask for any information other than the business name and second, the terms of the live reptile shipping only allows "business to business" shipments so anything else is technically a violation anyway.
  • 06-17-2006, 11:24 AM
    MedusasOwl
    Gotcha! Thanks, Jamie! :)
  • 08-02-2006, 09:04 PM
    Regal Boids
    I also had a question. Do I have to have a heat pack tapped to the top? If I just put a piece of tap where I would put it and write " Heat tape would be here in the winter ". Do you think that would be alright or should I just get one and use it?
  • 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
    daniel1983
    I would get one and use it. I like to tape my heat packs and cool packs to a side.
  • 08-03-2006, 12:47 PM
    JenHarrison
    If the rules stipulate only "business to business" shipping, then how are breeders/sellers shipping snakes to personal buyers?
  • 08-03-2006, 01:12 PM
    daniel1983
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JenHarrison
    If the rules stipulate only "business to business" shipping, then how are breeders/sellers shipping snakes to personal buyers?

If I were shipping something to you....I would be shipping it to Harrison Reptiles ;)
  • 08-03-2006, 01:18 PM
    JenHarrison
    LOL! Cheater...:P

Does the package get delivered to a house under a business name or does the buyer have to pick it up somewhere?

That's actually what I was contemplating using as my business name eventually...anyone know if it has been used yet?
  • 10-28-2006, 04:40 PM
    BaLLPAddICT
    Re: Becoming FedEx Certified....
    when your account rep calls you back all you ask for is contact info? or do you tell them that your going to be getting fedex verified or something?
  • 10-28-2006, 05:07 PM
    daniel1983
    Re: Becoming FedEx Certified....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLLPAddICT
    when your account rep calls you back all you ask for is contact info? or do you tell them that your going to be getting fedex verified or something?

You contact Fedex and speak to a Fedex representative. Ask for your account representitive(which is different than your fedex rep...usually someone local) to give you a call back(Fedex does not distribute rep phone numbers). Once your account rep. calls you, get his contact info and explain to him what you are doing (getting the legal waiver to ship harmless reptiles), so that he can prepare stuff on his end and keep an eye out for your testing results.