Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,438

2 members and 3,436 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

New Hoggie

Printable View

• 10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
    Salem
    New Hoggie
    So I got out of the snake keeping hobby for a while when I purchased my horse, but now that things have calmed down, I am back :)
    There was a reptile show near me and I just had to go see if there were any hoggies..... I now just have 1 new little normal hoggie male - Humphrey. :snake: he's super adorable and I love him already. It's kinda nice to just have 1, but I have a feeling another hoggie will be in my home next spring :)

anyway, here is my feisty little man! he is a really pretty color in person, buttery/orangy almost, he is het albino.

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps7988c3ac.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps860b1a86.jpg

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps2fdd2be1.jpg
  • 10-06-2014, 07:56 PM
    Pyrate81
    Welcome back to the addiction. He's adorable, love the flattened/angry look. :gj:
  • 10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
    rlditmars
    Re: New Hoggie
    He's adorable. Love little hog faces. Thanks for sharing.
  • 10-06-2014, 07:59 PM
    Firemaniv
    Congrats. I kept one for a friend over the summer and they are pretty cool and funny.
  • 10-06-2014, 11:57 PM
    AlexisFitzy
    Omg what a cutie! I love hoggies [emoji4] thanks so much for sharing him with us and welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 10-07-2014, 02:27 PM
    JaYdEd
    I saw that picture on Facebook. You were at the breeders expo in Omaha. Nice looking hog!
  • 10-07-2014, 02:51 PM
    Salem
    Yep, he was a great find!
  • 10-08-2014, 09:16 AM
    ARBallMorphs
    heya,

he looks great!

I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about hoggies? I only have Ball Pythons atm but ofc they are in a rack but i am planning on getting me a display tank and after seeing some hoggies i realy am getting into them.

couple of things i am wondering is.

1 are they active?
    2 can you keep them together if the cage is big enough or is it better to keep them alone?

best regards and good luck with this little guy
  • 10-08-2014, 09:31 AM
    mandalorian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    heya,

he looks great!

I was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about hoggies? I only have Ball Pythons atm but ofc they are in a rack but i am planning on getting me a display tank and after seeing some hoggies i realy am getting into them.

couple of things i am wondering is.

1 are they active?
    2 can you keep them together if the cage is big enough or is it better to keep them alone?

best regards and good luck with this little guy

I have two hoggies. One is an adult the other is a juvenile. Compared to my bpz, they are very active. I house my adult in a 10gal tank and the little one in a 6qt sterilite shoe box. I wouldn't recommend housing them together unless you are planning to breed. I've heard of possible cannibalism when they are together. Check out world of hognose. You can access the site from bps.net. Lot of good info. Keep us posted when you decide to get one. Hope this helps.
  • 10-08-2014, 09:34 AM
    ARBallMorphs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalorian View Post
    I have two hoggies. One is an adult the other is a juvenile. Compared to my bpz, they are very active. I house my adult in a 10gal tank and the little one in a 6qt sterilite shoe box. I wouldn't recommend housing them together unless you are planning to breed. I've heard of possible cannibalism when they are together. Check out world of hognose. You can access the site from bps.net. Lot of good info. Keep us posted when you decide to get one. Hope this helps.

thx :)