Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,089

0 members and 3,089 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Baby Ball Python Setup

Printable View

• 12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
    loperm
    Re: Baby Ball Python Setup
    Wow that is a nice setup for the price.
  • 12-15-2008, 09:29 PM
    bja86
    I don't know if this has been covered but with this setup you could go even cheaper and have it be just as effective such as instead of store bought hides , you can just go to home depot and go to the plant section and get the trays that you put pots in and cut out a section on the side , would probably cost you a dollar for each hide more or less, also news paper you can get for extremely cheap or even free. I'm not a fan of reptibark as it is dusty and could cause respritory problems and is also quite costly.

One thing I do with my newspaper is I cut them out in sections and run them through a paper shredder and make tons of it, its simple effective and next to free.

Also for people that don't have a whole lot of money like me , home made rheostats can be made for about 7-8 bucks each here is a link http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19168 from the corn snake forums on how to make one of these, DdotSpot also shows you how to make one with 2 sockets. I have had no problem with mine.

If this was already covered I apologize, I just don't feel like reading 12 pages of posts =P

Thanks

Brian
  • 02-23-2009, 02:41 PM
    displacedinbc
    cueball:

I'm just a brand new snake owner so please forgive me if you think these questions are stupid....lol. I'm just setting up 2 new tanks and they are about the same as your pics on page 1. I have a question though, when you put the aluminum foil on the bottom of the tank did put the UTH under the foil ( I didn't see the UTH attached on the foil pic) and what direction did you place the shiny side of the foil on the bottom of the tank (up or down)?

thanks....

:)
  • 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
    shaunwithbite
    nice tutorial,.. great ball python :)
  • 05-17-2009, 01:57 AM
    k2l3d4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aj.gladding View Post
    the two identical hides stuff is a myth. In the wild a python will never find two identical hides...lol. I have two completely different hides and Diablo uses them both!! But two hides are important. One on the hot side, and one on the cold side.

I think that in a sense I have four hides... two are identical and then I have the hollowed out log and the bush that it hides under.... Normally avoids the identical hides.
  • 08-06-2009, 03:09 PM
    americangypsy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Purrrdy!

I second that . Great little environment for your shining beauty. :snake:
  • 08-07-2009, 12:41 AM
    XxRYANxX
    that's nice thanks for the help