Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,710

0 members and 2,710 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Size/Age Chart?

Printable View

• 07-04-2009, 08:05 AM
    Hock3ymonk3y
    Re: Size/Age Chart?
    You might want to get rid of that analog (stick) thermometer... they can be very innacurate, by up to 10*! Stick with a digital and you will be much bettter off
  • 07-04-2009, 09:53 AM
    knott00
    What you see in the picture is actually a Hygrometer, not a thermometer. However that detail aside, I agree, you should have both digital hygrometers and digital thermometers
  • 07-04-2009, 07:38 PM
    Patricia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hock3ymonk3y View Post
    You might want to get rid of that analog (stick) thermometer... they can be very innacurate, by up to 10*! Stick with a digital and you will be much bettter off

Last night I went to WalMart and bought the Acu-Rite talked about here. The humidity reading was a LOT different from that dial! We're still trying to adjust the probe into the perfect spot. :)
  • 08-21-2011, 10:52 PM
    Datshyboii
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello, I've been a snake owner for all of 3 days. :)

In reading info on the Web, I haven't been able to find anything that indicates what weight/length a BP should be at different ages. If such a thing exists, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

My snake's prior owner had it for only 2 months. She, in turn, bought it from Petco in early May and said "it was about 3 or 4 months old" at the time. A month is a big variance for a baby, so I'm hoping to find some sort of age/growth chart to narrow it down a bit more. Haven't weighed it yet, but it's about 22" long.

So, how old is a 22" long BP?

• 08-21-2011, 10:56 PM
    Datshyboii
    MY FEMALE BALL PYTHON SHE 22 1/2 and she 5 months. ........:....................................................................... ..................................
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello, I've been a snake owner for
    In reading info on the Web, I haven't been able to find anything that indicates what weight/length a BP should be at different ages. If such a thing exists, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

My snake's prior owner had it for only 2 months. She, in turn, bought it from Petco in early May and said "it was about 3 or 4 months old" at the time. A month is a big variance for a baby, so I'm hoping to find some sort of age/growth chart to narrow it down a bit more. Haven't weighed it yet, but it's about 22" long.

So, how old is a 22" long BP?